Importing Scenes from DVC 2 to DVC 3 beta

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DJ_Hoss

Importing Scenes from DVC 2 to DVC 3 beta

Post by DJ_Hoss »

As always, I like to Beta test and be the first to screw things up. ;) I updated to the newest version of dvc 2. Ran it... BEAUTIFUL!! I installed three and tried to open the file. It said it was beta and some things may be missing.
I attempted to open a dvc 2 file. The things that were missing were thus, All my scenes lol. The scene titles were there but it will not play steps. I tried to import the dvc 2 scenes into three and had the same result. any ideas?

EDIT: While in edit mode, it will not show the DMX values for fixtures during steps. If I select "Program In Blind Mode" The dmx values are present, however, the fixture still does not respond.
Sincerely,
Miles A. Kieft
Technical Engineer
Club Envy
441 W. Western Ave.
Muskegon, MI. 49440
www.ClubEnvyMuskegon.com
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

E-mail me your DVC2 file and we'll take a look. Please post software related issues in the software forums.
Thanks
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I have the same problem, the scene and step timings are all there, the jump to commands and group releases are all there, but no dmx values for anything.

Is this because in the import settings all the fixtures are in ssl1 mode and not ssl2.??
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I'll make some tests today
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

OK We've found the problem, it is with the new OFF channel state. Simply switch the channels on and you will see your old programming.

We will set all channels to ON when DVC2 projects are loaded into DVC3 in the next release.