FX Generator not available in Live?

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

exterminator

FX Generator not available in Live?

Post by exterminator »

Hi!

I,ve noticed that the FX generator is now disabled in Live mode.
Is there any good reason for that? I used it in live mode quite a lot, had no problems, but now i cant quickly make a live FX scene..

Is this modification permanent in folowing versions, or is there a way to re-enable the FX generator in Live view?

Thx for the answer!
Sanman

Post by Sanman »

I completly agree. It was one of the best features in daslight. It was very useful thing. I also used it nearly everytime. Now if you dont remember is it on blind or not it is a problem. And seems not always the blind has worked. Havent tried it on the latest realease.
Panoptikum

FX generator

Post by Panoptikum »

Please enter the FX generator back into Live Mode Activate! This was a crucial featur that contributed to the purchase decision.
exterminator

Re: FX generator

Post by exterminator »

Panoptikum wrote:Please enter the FX generator back into Live Mode Activate! This was a crucial featur that contributed to the purchase decision.

True, mine too!
Just a hint for the next update ;)
Sanman

Totaly agree

Post by Sanman »

I completly agree with this. It was a decision I just dont understand at all why they took it away? It was one of the best features and helped alot in live situation. Now if you try to do it in live situation in editor section it doesnt work the same way. And you never know have you left it dmx blind or not. In live mode i used it in nearlly every show I did with it. So I hope and I think everyone else does also that it will be back in live mode...
exterminator

Post by exterminator »

I tried to install an older version of Virtual Controller and the feature is still disabled, but it was not disabled when i first used that version, so i guess the disable is set in a config file or the registry..
Maybe make it an option and label it For expert users or No warranty for stable operation..
:roll:
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, the effects generator was removed from live because live mode is not for building scenes but in fact for live control. In fact it was a bug that this was accessible and although it worked in some cases it caused a lot of problems and crashes and limited a lot of functionality (e.g. with Easy Remote, live control of faders and effect buttons, master dimmer...).

The editor can be used for building scenes. If you're controlling live and you decide you'd like to create an effect without stopping the live show, you can enable 'blind mode' in the editor. This will ensure that the live scenes are kept running as you create your effect.
exterminator

Post by exterminator »

Hmmm, good to know..
So the blind mode can be activated in editor mode and the app will output the activated scenes and effects from live mode? Did i get that right?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Yes that's correct. In fact the effects and scenes will be output even when not in blind mode. The only difference is that blind mode ignores any selected stopped scenes.
exterminator

Post by exterminator »

True, it works.

But when i switch to Edit mode, before i press the Blind button, the output changes to the currently selected scene step. But i didn't check if the Blind mode remains if i switch from Edit to Live and back..

Nice trick tho :)