DPAD Gold with 8Port Block: jump to next scene

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Trice

DPAD Gold with 8Port Block: jump to next scene

Post by Trice »

Dear all,
I`m preparing a appartment installation with a dpad gold and RGB / RGBW LED stripes. I use 7 external switches in every room to activate and disactivate a scene.
My question is: Is it possible to jump inside a group from scene to scene by using the external switch?
For example: Livingroom has 5 scenes in his group, the last one is just black out. With every "klick" on the switch, the DPAD switches from scene to scene inside the specific group.
Is that possible?
And if not, that would be a gret feature :-)
It is a huge appartment and the customer don`t want to have his phone always with him.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hello Trice

This is not currently possible with the DPad gold, but it's something we're looking to implement in the future. Be careful with the port triggering because interference can be caused if the cable is more than a few meters long (for me, it's been ok with 20 meters).

Some customers use the Light Pad 3 remote app app with the iPod touch and a wall mount. The iPod touch is less than €200 with the first generation going for as little as €50, so depending on the budget, this may be something you would like to look into. Having said that, it is still useful to have a physical on/off switch in each room.
Trice

Post by Trice »

Thanks a lo for the reply. I hope there will be a update in the future, but this function must includet in the software, right?
Yes the cables are up to 15 meters long. Is there a possibility to avoid possible interferences? for example with a high ohm resistor?
The customer use a Ipad mini, but i don`t know if the app supports more then one client at the same time. Otherwise, he could use 4-5 mobileclients instead of the Switches :-).
It would be also great, if a newer Version of DPAD has a DMX input, but there are no Sensor switches (or faders / sliders) availeable at the moment with programmeable start-adresses :-(
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

If the cables are not more than 15 meters long and there is not a lot of high voltage cabling running close by, it should be ok

The LightPad 3 app can be used with multiple clients at a time across different devices