Strange midi problem

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nobby99

Strange midi problem

Post by nobby99 »

I have been testing extensively the latest DVC3 release and encountered a very strange midi problem. I do not think that the technical part of the problem ist caused by DasLight but by Microsoft, however, there is no fallback functionality in DVC3. There are some reports to general Win7-midi USB problems with the same message: When I start DVC3 with the BCF2000 I always receive the message "Undefined system error". Behringer service could not find a problem with the hardware. Everything works with BC Manager, too.

What happens to me is:
I programmed the Midi functions in DV3, went into the Live Mode to test various scenes together, and all of the sudden I missed a number of scenes - all with the Eurolite LED Bar 250/10. Out of about 30 only 4 were left. A random number of other midi allocations got lost, too. I tried:

1. to load the internal backup with and without BCF2000 - same.
2. restart of DVC3 without the BCF 2000 and with an external backup - the scenes were back, but without the midi allocation.

File sizes and times remained unchanged all the time.

All registry entries are OK including published registry checks from Microsoft.

Any ideas?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

We have a couple of BCF's in the office and we've tried with several computers but cannot reproduce the issue. Try disconnecting the device, uninstalling the driver and installing the latest driver from Behringer.
nobby99

Post by nobby99 »

...have done that all. I think that this is a multiple problem depending on other multimedia USB drivers on the PC. It has been reported for various USB-midi devices, but apparently not often enough. It is known to Microsoft, however, their recommendations are all applied and do not work better. I will try to get another BCF2000 and test it again, too.

My main problem is the loss of data when the driver fails. Perhaps there could a failsafe routine be implemented in the future.

Nobby99
nobby99

Post by nobby99 »

...I received a brandnew BCF-2000, but the message "unidentified system error" still shows up. I also found a Bios Update and new drivers also for Intel's USB3 bus. I installed everything but the error remains although the system is working. Stragely it occurs on both my laptos - an old Asus A8JP (Backup) and new XMG 502P with Radeon 7970M.
I hope it will not crash since most of the functions are now generally working smoothly.

Nobby99
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Simon could this be related to the number of scenes created and the midi flags getting lost? (We had this problem in DVC2 remember)

is the system error possibly related to the amount of USB outlets in use?
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
marin-sound

bcf 2000

Post by marin-sound »

I'm using two of BCFs and it works perfect. As same as with Novation Launchpad and Korg microControls serie. All controlers are being used thru USB Hub together with kensington trackball and DVC3 Gold...

I think that the problem is on Microsoft side, my recomendation is completely unistall all USB drivers and start angain, primary with MIDI controlers which U prefer to control DVC...
Sometimes can happens collision by pluging controler into various USB slots..

I'm riding Win7 home..

good luck :)
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The only way to get to the bottom of it is to do a complete format and see if it works out of the box, then install your other USB peripherals one by one until you get the problem again (not a great job!)
mariah9x
Operating System: Windows

Re: Strange midi problem

Post by mariah9x »

I tried the Eurolite 250/10 LED Bar with the DV3, and it worked great. The LED bar was easy to set up, and I could see what I was doing. It was easy to use, and I didn't have to worry about the light being too bright. It was easy to program the Midi functions, and I could program them in the DV3.
wordle io games
FaithSa
Operating System: Windows

Re: Strange midi problem

Post by FaithSa »

It is known to Microsoft, home remodeling companyhowever, their recommendations are all applied and do not work better.