Reliability

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

andreaferrari
Operating System: Windows

Reliability

Post by andreaferrari »

hello guys, i'm a happy owner of the dvc fun, i work in the theater and so far i've never had any problems with both the software and the interface. next month I'll have to go on a tour for a few days, to be even more calm, I wonder?: does the Daslight DVC GZM interface give greater reliability than a fun? or the higher price is only justified by more entrances, exits, etc. thank you very much, a greeting. Andrea
TomHat

Re: Reliability

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Reliability is only assured by the software. Are you using Daslight4 or Daslight5 ?
The higher price is justified by a bunch of extra features which you would need to pay extra for with a FUN.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
andreaferrari
Operating System: Windows

Post by andreaferrari »

hi, many thanks for the answer. i use daslight 5 on windows, at the moment i did not have problems. I also work with the nomad software and console etc, it is a very stable machine, I hope I have found with daslight, an equally stable software, it has some peculiarities that are very useful during theater shows. do you think that in the future they will implement the possibility to interact with the keyboard (like on etc)? is it possible (I can't find it in the manual) to set a beam opening time?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Not sure what you mean by "interact with the keyboard" ? Daslight5 can send feedback to MIDI defices.

There is no such feature as "set opening time" in this software, I'm afraid. What can be done is to create a static (basic) scene with a shutter open, and give it a Fade-In time. That way, when you start the scene, you will have a perfect control over the opening time.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
ninedevelop
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by ninedevelop »

Daslight, which I believe to be an equally dependable piece of software, has some quirks that make it a great tool for theater performances.geometry dash lite