URGENT - DVC4 Gold Issue

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

JonCo6
Operating System: Mac OS X

URGENT - DVC4 Gold Issue

Post by JonCo6 »

A general overview of issues as follows:
- 3 Pin XLR connector not releasing High Quality XLR DMX connection Cable causing me to have to dismantle the cable to attempt to remove the main casing of the connector.
- Release pin at the top of the connector housing of the DasLight DVC4 Gold on Das Light DVC 4 box not releasing the DMX cable Connector out of the DVC4 Unit.
- Needing to break a dmx cable to get access and then needing to dismantle the Das Light DVC 4 Gold to get some tweezers into the spring load release clip of the XLR DMX connector to release the DMX cables metal sheathing/ Outer Surround).
- Mac users having no drivers, how to reset the DasLight Hardware when EA appears on the Unit and the red light flashes constantly and no DMX signal sent to any lights.

I note that all of the above issues have been experienced within 24 hours of ownership of this device, what hope have I got for using it for the next few years???

I would therefore greatly appreciate your advice/ assistance and some kind of explanation or recompense for why such issues seem to have occurred with such a minimal opportunity for these issues to be explained by general wear and tear?

I am half tempted to get a full refund, which would be disappointing considering I have invested a lot of time and effort into setting this all up, programming and then a day of failure with the hardware actually in my possession.

Please could you advise?
P-Low

Re: URGENT - DVC4 Gold Issue

Post by P-Low »

Hello

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the interface you have received and experiencing problems.

We have replied to your latest support ticket with the below information, but i am duplicating here should anyone else have the same problem in the future.

1) 3 Pin XLR connector not releasing High Quality XLR DMX connection Cable causing me to have to dismantle the cable to attempt to remove the main casing of the connector.

~Which connector, male or female? Both ports use Neutrik components, one of the leaders in DMX connectors. They are industry standard and stiff to ensure it holds you cables in firmly so there is no signal interruption. It is possible that there are differences in tolerances, which when mated with a 3rd party product such as a cable input/output there may be a tight fit if the DVC GOLD XLR connectors are on the small tolerance side, and the 3rd party component is on the large tolerance side. Without knowing the brand of products you use it is difficult to comment further.

2) Release pin at the top of the connector housing of the DasLight DVC4 Gold on Das Light DVC 4 box not releasing the DMX cable Connector out of the DVC4 Unit.

~Same point as above

3) Needing to break a dmx cable to get access and then needing to dismantle the Das Light DVC 4 Gold to get some tweezers into the spring load release clip of the XLR DMX connector to release the DMX cables metal sheathing/ Outer Surround).

~This shouldn't be required, it is possible it is a bad a connector if it has come down to this level of removal. We would be happy to

4) Mac users having no drivers, how to reset the DasLight Hardware when EA appears on the Unit and the red light flashes constantly and no DMX signal sent to any lights.

~The drivers for MAC are included as part of the software package download & install. It is only PC which has them separately due to how the installers work.

~EA is nothing to worry about, it simply means Empty Area, which is when no scenes are written to the stand alone memory. To fine out about stand alone mode, we have a guide here: www.daslight.com/manuals/#/en/daslight- ... tand-alone

~ A Full list of interface LED display is as follows:
00, 01, 02, 03 etc = represents the scene number selected
PC = when connected to Daslight / Hardware Manager
OF = Disconnected
8.8.8 = The controller is in bootloader mode. This is a special ‘startup mode’. Typically before restoring factory settings / updating firmware.
EA = Empty Area, No show written

~No DMX out put would be concerning. However please note the following LED indicator colours:
· The yellow Led (in the middle) indicates that the interface is properly-powered.
· The red Led situated by the "DMX" connector blinks to indicate that the DMX signal is being sent. No blinking corresponds to interface-failure.
· The green Led by the "USB" connector should blink rapidly when the interface is controlled by the software. In stand alone mode, this green led blinks several times to indicate an active scene number.

There are some test to do for DMX output checks:DMX Output Test
-----------------------
1) Download the latest version of Hardware Manager
Windows: https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... anager.exe
Mac: https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... anager.dmg
2) Plug in your device by USB Cable.
3) Check your interface is running the latest firmware.
4) Connect your lights (or a DMX tester)
5) Open HardwareManager.
6) Select your DMX device.
7) Go to the 'DMX In/Out' tab. (see image attached)
8) Select 'DMX Out' for the DMX Universe you want to test.
9) Drag the fader bars up to send DMX signals over the selected channels.
~Do your lights come on?
~Are you fixtures receiving a DMX signal?

Most likely a firmware update will be required too.
Currently there is a special Beta firmware for 1.12 which i have detailed in the support ticket you have also raised.

Of course from a bran new product we would not expect this level of TLC, so we can organise an RMA to replace the interface for you.
Daslight Technical Support