Cue List on DVC4 standalone..

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

joern.hagen
Operating System: Windows

Cue List on DVC4 standalone..

Post by joern.hagen »

Hello* - Searched the manual, this forum and elsewhere but can't find a solution..
::
For the lighting of theater-performances we normally first set up all the different light-settings in scenes (- mostly static with fade-times) which are put in a cue-list and while the performance are triggered with only one button that starts the next scene in the list.

For a new little venue we bought a dvc4 with the daslight4 software. - The idea was to use the standalone feature so that the actor him- or herself without the presence of a lighting technician can proceed through the light-scenes cuelist by using just one ("GO"-)button for the "next scene" funtionality. But not the "Next"-button on the device itself but a more solid little keybord connected to the i/o-ports of the dvc with 4 keys for "Next"-, Previous"-, Blackout- and Reset- (Go to scene 1)-functionalities (..ideally.. ;)-

What I can do so far:
I have an improvised "keyboard" attached to the dry contact ports, with which it is possible to start and stop szenes configured for the port-triggering. -- And: Even the "Next szene" button configured in the preferences menu works.. - Great..
But: This Next-Szene button (over the contact ports..) works only as long as the DVC is linked to the Computer with Daslight running.. - In standalone mode, powered by a powerbank, it is only possible, to start/stop the szenes directly..

Hmm.. This is my main question: Did I overlook the possibility to setup the standalone in a way, that the "Next Szene" can be triggered using a button attached to the dry contact ports..

I would be very happy..:)

If there are places to look that up/read more indeep descriptions (besige the manual..): I would be glad to hear about..

Thank you..
joern.hagen

Re: Cue List on DVC4 standalone..

Post by joern.hagen »

sorry, this should probably have been posted in the "DVC fun-board.. - because we got a DVC fun with one full DMX-universe..
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I think I understand what you would like to achieve with this. Sadly you're right, there is no way to setup a "next" dry-port trigger for StandAlone use in Daslight4. However, there should be 3 buttons on the side of your device :
- "plus"
- "minus"
- "other"

You can use the "plus" button to switch to the next scene anytime in StandAlone. Maybe that can help ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
joern.hagen

Post by joern.hagen »

@TomHat: Thank you for the clarification, inspite it confirmes what I feared.
What a pity..
I already had found the buttons on the device itself, and they work fine.. But so sad: that is no solution: I don't want to put the device somewhere on the stage in reach of the actor, who shall then during the play find and hit the "next szene"-button.. - I need a more robust solution for triggering the next szene..
So sadly enough I fear we have to look for another device to solve this..

Thank you very much
best greetings
Jörn Hagen