Getting Started - Scene Stacking Questions

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

DrFrankenSpine
Operating System: Windows

Getting Started - Scene Stacking Questions

Post by DrFrankenSpine »

My Equipment:

2x Chauvet Intimidator 360's
DVC Fun

My question:

So, I have watched the Daslight Tutorials what feels like a dozen times. I have set up everything exactly as it is set up there. I like the idea of stacking that is talked about. How if you create a group and have release off you can just ... for example, Turn the beam on, change the color to red, add a gobo, etc all by clicking on the other scenes in that group which have those things set up.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here is the tutorial url:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm4_h-p ... xX&index=5

Anyway, I have tried running two scenes in two different groups at the same time but this does not work. I have tried setting up a cue button with it's jump to function set for two scenes... it only runs one of them. Well, I should clarify. In Daslight they both run, but for example: if I have a scene with the color orange set and another "beam on" scene and I set the cue to jump to two scenes... In daslight the both appear to run... but IRL only the beam is showing (no color).

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the light? I imported the correct mode (14 channel mode) from the profile that is in the library. Everything is mapped correctly and I can get all these functions to happen on their own with the lights... but when I try to stack stuff (Beam on, orange color, strobe, movement pattern, and a gobo ... or any combination) I only get one thing working.

What exactly am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,

Frank
TomHat

Re: Getting Started - Scene Stacking Questions

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Please send over your showfile (in a zipped file) so we can take a look.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500