Can Daslight4 be controlled with external hardware?

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

tkmwerbung
Operating System: Windows

Can Daslight4 be controlled with external hardware?

Post by tkmwerbung »

Hello everyone!

I´m a beginner in Daslight4 and I have one question. Is it possible to operate and control a lightshow (prepared in daslight) with external hardware? I´m asking that because I´m used to work with a controller with slider, knobs and buttons :D

Just have seen the Elgato Stream Deck XL (https://www.elgato.com/de/stream-deck-xl)and I would like to know if it is (perhaps not do difficult) possible to put actions on the single buttons to start/stop light actions.

Would be very happy if someone could help me or give me other alternatives for an external controller.
Many thanks.
Tom
eenwieler
Operating System: Windows

Re: Can Daslight4 be controlled with external hardware?

Post by eenwieler »

I use the Akai APC Mini midi controller, this one got several buttons and faders. You can easily program these to different kind of functions in Daslight.

You can also connect a DMX controller to the input channel on the Daslight hardware and using the faders of the dmx controller to adjust the faders in the program.

To assign a button/fader/scene etc you click the right button of your mouse, shortcuts and there you can select dmx, keyboard or midi.