Windows 7 64-bit

Upgrades are now managed via our webstore - http://store.daslight.com/upgrade/

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

smokeAndMirrors

Windows 7 64-bit

Post by smokeAndMirrors »

Hi, I currently have DVC2 512 but my laptop died and my new one has Windows 7 64-bit. What Daslight interfaces can I upgrade to?
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Please note the following interfaces support 64 bit Windows operating systems:

DVC2 GZM
DVC2 128-M
DVC2 ECO

The following interfaces ONLY support 32 bit operating systems
DVC2 512
DVC2 GOLD

There will be new interfaces released to replace the 2 montioned above within the next year. Daslight will offer upgrade deals for existing customers
smokeAndMirrors

simonB wrote:Please note the following interfaces support 64 bit Windows operating systems:

DVC2 GZM
DVC2 128-M
DVC2 ECO

The following interfaces ONLY support 32 bit operating systems
DVC2 512
DVC2 GOLD

There will be new interfaces released to replace the 2 montioned above within the next year. Daslight will offer upgrade deals for existing customers

How much in GBP would an upgrade to DVC2 ECO from DVC2 512 cost me (in GBP?) and how would I go about arranging that?

Cheers

Julian
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Infact this is a downgrade, the only reason the the DVC2 ECO supports 64 bit is because it's a newer design.

You could upgrade to the ZM for 349 euros (the ££ change daily depending on the exchange rate). You would get a 3rd DMX universe, an SD card to store unlimited scenes, multi zone(up to 5 scenes at once) and full access to the Virtual 3D simulator.

If you purchased your interface within the past 2 months, we can downgrade this for free, but you would lose 1 dmx universe and the stand-alone memory.
smokeAndMirrors

simonB wrote:Infact this is a downgrade, the only reason the the DVC2 ECO supports 64 bit is because it's a newer design.

You could upgrade to the ZM for 349 euros (the ££ change daily depending on the exchange rate). You would get a 3rd DMX universe, an SD card to store unlimited scenes, multi zone(up to 5 scenes at once) and full access to the Virtual 3D simulator.

If you purchased your interface within the past 2 months, we can downgrade this for free, but you would lose 1 dmx universe and the stand-alone memory.

My DVC2 512 was bought 2 years ago. I don't use stand-alone, and don't currently use more than 1 universe, so it's basically a cross-grade for me. I can't afford 349Euros, for sure, but I'd be happy to pay something for the "downgrade".
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

OK Daslight will let you downgrade for free. e-mail yannick your serial number,
[email protected], send the interface back to our european office and you will be sent a new one.
smokeAndMirrors

simonB wrote:OK Daslight will let you downgrade for free. e-mail yannick your serial number,
[email protected], send the interface back to our european office and you will be sent a new one.

Thanks Simon, I have sent the details to the above email address. Could I have the (physical) address to send the hardware to?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Sure, it's...

Daslight Europe (head office)
838 rue de l'Aiguelongue
34090 Montpellier - France
smokeAndMirrors

Thanks! For the attention of...?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Write RETURNS at the top, it'll get to the right guy
smokeAndMirrors

OK, thanks Simon, posted off today. One more thing: could you post (somewhere appropriate on the forum) step-by-step instructions for installing the 64-bit drivers?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

This should all be automatic in the latest DVC2 setup file release. Let me know if you have any problems