Daslight Gold + Pair of Wizard Extremes

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

masslehoff

Daslight Gold + Pair of Wizard Extremes

Post by masslehoff »

Hi there,

I apologise if this is not the place for this kind of request, but I am hoping someone would be generous and help me a bit.

I have just got a pair of Wizard Extremes which I plan to use on Friday night (1st Xmas Party of the season for me) and I've ordered Daslight Gold which should arrive tommorrow...

I'd love to use it altogether, as I've tested the Wizards and they just fly around without a controller... so I'm wondering if anyone has a few programs they'd be happy & willing to send me... I've never used Daslight, and I'm not sure how much time it will take to make some / suss out how it all works...

Happy to return the favour in anyway I can...

Regards
Mass
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Hi Masselhoff. Firstly I suggest you look at the Daslight tutorial on the home page.

but in brief.
Set up screen.(LH tab) green cross button. scroll down to martin.
expand +. select wizzard extreme. count =2. patch. ok.
now test the fixtures in set up. set wizzard 1 to ch1. 2 to ch 12.
if all is ok . go to editor screen. (LH tab)
press green cross (LH side) move sliders to create yourt first step. click step green cross (RH side). keep going till you have a scene of multi steps.
Live tab (LH tab) create some live override effects (top ribbon green cross) for colours and gobos, and music override, and slow or static scenes.
hope this helps.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
masslehoff

Post by masslehoff »

Do you know if I need to have a special lead for the martin lights, as I'd always been told that martin wire their dmx sockets differently to everyone else?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

The disco range of Martin lights uses the same 3 pin XLR as the rest of the industry. However in the early days they did have a different protocol, but these days we all use standard DMX.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience