DVC Gold (4 Plugs) - 2 of them not configurable before upgrade?

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

MixMasterS
Operating System: Windows

DVC Gold (4 Plugs) - 2 of them not configurable before upgrade?

Post by MixMasterS »

Hi there,

I just mentioned a small point, that made me a bit angry.
On my last setup, the cable guys unfortunately made the mistake to come with 3 DMX plugs to my interface, because someone forgot the back truss lighting. Well, I thought. No problem. 2 universes but 4 Plugs should work without any trouble.
Quickly had a look in the D4 Software, satisfying that the DVC seems to be fully configurable on all plugs. Otherwise, so I thought, I wouldn't be able to select anything (as it always is greyed out, when something is not possible).
Well, no.
I can choose universe 1 on plug 1 and 2 , and I can select universe 2 on plug 3...
But it seems plugs 3 & 4 are locked until I purchase an additional universe, whether needed or not....

Has this been desired that way? Or is it maybe a bug?

I would have loved the possibility to freely use all 4 DMX plugs even with only two universes... And I did not find any note about that so far.

Kind regards,

Sebastian
Timo
Operating System: Windows

Re: DVC Gold (4 Plugs) - 2 of them not configurable before upgrade?

Post by Timo »

That would interest me too. In the Daslight 4 software, I can set all 4 connections to DMX input universe 1 in the settings, but only the first two work. Is there already a solution here? Thanks :-)
TomHat

Re: DVC Gold (4 Plugs) - 2 of them not configurable before upgrade?

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

You might need to look into the universe extention licences on store.dmxsoft.com in order to extend your device to 4 universe instead of 2.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500