DVC4 Assigning buttons to programs

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

GenRent
Operating System: Windows

DVC4 Assigning buttons to programs

Post by GenRent »

In a commercial ticket I send about this device I was told I could flash trigger programs of a showfile running on a PC it is connected through over Ethernet. It does output the DMX I feed it in through the software (it has been recognised and everything). But I can't seem to find the place to assign programs to buttons.
TomHat

Re: DVC4 Assigning buttons to programs

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Which buttons do you wish to assign your scenes to ?

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
GenRent

Post by GenRent »

The buttons 1 through 10, preferably with the different pages A through C being seperately assignable.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

This feature doesn't exist in Daslight4. These buttons are made to allow you to trigger your scenes in StandAlone mode, once you have saved your show into your device's memory.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

GenRent

Post by GenRent »

Then I seem to have been informed wrongly by your commercial department, where in the Lightingsoft Support Center Ticket department, before buying, I specifically asked whether having this unit connected over ethernet to the PC and using it to trigger programs like a flash button was an option for this device. Both Bruno Nicolaudie and Bert Gering confirmed with this application the product would be great for what I was looking for.

Will this option be possible in DASlight 5? And any idea as to when DASlight 5 will be released?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I understand there might have been a confusion here, and I apologize for this. I can confirm that this feature isn't available on Daslight4, since the device was ingeneered after Daslight4 was released. That being said, Daslight5 (still being developped at this moment) will be made to work with these buttons in LIVE mode.

Hope this makes it more clear.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

GenRent

Post by GenRent »

Okay, thanks for the clearup and the fast replies. Is there any roadmap for the development & release of Daslight 5 publicly available yet? Then I can communicate this to the customer who specifically wanted this use case for the installation it will be used for.
Bert@Daslight
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Bert@Daslight »

Hallo

Ik heb net even nagekenen wat we in het Ticket geschreven hebben. Daar staat niets in over dat je de Buttons kunt gebruiken voor triggering. Er werd u uitgelegt dat men de Gold en GZM op je netwerk kunt aansluiten, en dan met Daslight, die op een Pc is, die in hetzelfde netwerk is, kunt werken, zonder het Interface met een USB kabel te verbinden. U kunt graag nog even op dat Ticket antwoorden, en nalezen. Zowel Bruno, als ik hebben niet geschreven dat je Scenen in Daslight kunt triggeren met de Buttons op de Gold.

Mvg
kind regards
Bert Gering
Daslight / Lightrider / Wolfmix W1 Support