DVC4 Gold with Serato Sound Switch

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ShaakDJ
Operating System: Windows

DVC4 Gold with Serato Sound Switch

Post by ShaakDJ »

Hey Guys, I got a question that the members of my local audio store can't solve.

I want to buy the DVC4 Gold to mainly operate my lightshows. Extending to this I would like to buy a Serato Soundswitch in future.
The Soundswitch should be used for playing full predesigned lightshows if a specific track is played. Now I'm asking myself if the following situation is possible:

I got my DVC4 Gold ready and controll my universe via my computer. Then one of the specific Tracks for what I created a lightshow is played and the Soundswitch triggers the lightshow.
Will the lightshow be sent automatically to my lights if I connect the Soundswitch to the DMX-In on the DVC4 Gold? Or do I have to do anything manually in the software when I want to get the `signal from the Soundswitch to my lights? Would the controlls switch back to the DVC4 Gold automatically when the Soundswitch ended with its lightshow?

I hope you understand my problem :)
TomHat

Re: DVC4 Gold with Serato Sound Switch

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

If you want to trigger scenes using your DMX console, you will need to setup your show in Daslight to react to your console's signals (using DMX In pairing features).

In this case, everything will go through Dasligth4. It will receive your console's signals and trigger the paired scenes.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500