Speed Control

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

vancejr

Speed Control

Post by vancejr »

When using a midi controller, is there a way to map the " Speed on " tab to a fader on my midi controller ... this would eliminate the need to actually have to interact with the computer and leave me solely with the midi trigger as the only interface needed. Currently using the M - Audio Trigger Finger unit.
Andre

Post by Andre »

I am pretty sure you cannot do that, as you cannot attach any sort of short cut to it.

Maybe you could use a utility that records and replays mouse movements and clicks and trigger that via MIDI. Obviously if the screen is not exactly the same as what it was when it was recorded then it would not work properly.
Andre
Andre

Post by Andre »

I am sure that there was a post that Vianney said this could be done.
Andre
vancejr

Post by vancejr »

do you have the link handy ?
Andre

Post by Andre »

He did not mention how in the post but I have worked it out for the Behringer BCF2000 and assume it will work for other MIDI controllers.

I had to install the lastest USB/MIDI drivers from the behringer website for it to work.

Ensure that "Enable MIDI Input" is on in the "Options" menu.

On the "Live" page expand the scene you want "Speed Onl" on and then right click the scene and select "Speed On". Now right click scene and select "Speed Midi Link", click in the input box and then move the fader that you want to use. It should record the midi values in the box. Click the "OK" button.

All done, you should now be able to use that fader to control the speed of the scene. It works for me.
Andre
vastonsmith

Post by vastonsmith »

Hi Ade,

Thank you for doing those videos. very well made, I am sure they will be of great help to all those just starting out with DVC2.

I know they are aimed at users of the Ryger Footlight switch, but they do help