Feature request

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

greghig

Feature request

Post by greghig »

I have a request (Or if its already here, can you help me find it?)

Ill try to put this in understandable terms. What Im looking for is a "button" i can program to select other buttons. for example....

Pars Djsopts Lasers
1 A a
2 B b
3 C c
4 D d
5 E e

My screen (live) is set up as shown above. I have 3 lighting trees, as shown, 1 for pars (12345), 1 for djspots (ABCDE), and 1 for lasers (abcde). (#'s, and letters represent buttons). To set the light for a slow song, I have to press 3 buttons 5, C, and b, to get the "Blue" effect I desire. Hard to do with a laptop using a touchpad. Is there a way to program a SINGLE button to press the 3 I need? Perhaps a special "SCENE" button that "presses" the other buttons assigned to it. Right now thats hard to do when mixing music with one hand and selecting the lights with the other.

That way I could have a single "Slow" button, to select the combination of "buttons" I like for that effect. And I would still have the option of changing a single tree effect by pressing another button to "Override" the Group selection.

Another feature I would like to see is a programmable "Override" button, perhaps tied to the spacebar, that when pressed runs a single program only as long as it is pressed. When the key is released it would RETURN to whatever show was running before it was pressed.

This would be handy in making a "FLASH BLINDER" button to select 1,a and A, (Which are all white in my settings), to temporary turn all lights white to "blind" the audience for certain points in my show. Although I can program a button for this effect, I have to select the 3 buttons manually again to return to the previous show, and this is impossible if you want to manually "Flash to the beat".

I used 3 trusses in the example above, I actually have 7. And up to 15 buttons under each of them. Now you can see my problem.

Thanks for your time.
greg
Andre

Post by Andre »

You can have mutiple key triggers for the same button.
So in effect you could have your key triggers as:-
1y Ay ayg
2u Bu bu
3i Cig ci
4o Do do
5pg Ep ep

As you can see each scene has a unique tigger, each row has a trigger and in the example you gave pressing "g" will start the three scenes you wanted. And you "blinder" would be done by presing "y".

It will get it very complicted doing it this way.

The only other way I can think is to actually program the scene(s) to do exactly what you want with each of the fixtures, include everthing you want the scene to do at each step. Positions, colour, gobos etc etc.

I use a laptop for the show but added an external mouse makes much easier as I have fingers the size of sausages so I am always triggering scenes by mistake with the track pad.
Andre
Overeating

Post by Overeating »

My screen (live) is set up as shown above. I have 3 lighting trees, as shown, 1 for pars (12345), 1 for djspots (ABCDE), and 1 for lasers (abcde). (#'s, and letters represent buttons). To set the light for a slow song, I have to press 3 buttons 5, C, and b, to get the "Blue" effect I desire. Hard to do with a laptop using a touchpad. Is there a way to program a SINGLE button to press the 3 I need? Perhaps a special "SCENE" button that "presses" the other buttons assigned to it. Right now thats hard to do when mixing music with one hand and selecting the lights with the other.