flashing ?!

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

MarcoMus

flashing ?!

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

we use VC2, with latest Update (10 or 11/2011). Since about one month with sound2light, the time before without this option.
Till friday everything works fine. Overall we use the spots and the controller now over one year.
But on saturday sometimes the spots are flashin?! When I turn of then all programms, all spots goes off. and when use another programm, some spots again flashes...
Also to reboot the PC doesn't change anything. Then I start again the sound2light-programm and somethimes everything works then correctly after turn of the s2l-programm. But maybe later it flashes again.

did you have an idea?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

this sounds more like a DMX fault.

try checking your dmx output with the general tab to see if the actual channels are going up and down in value. this will tell you if it is DVC2.

If it is I suggest recreating your patch in a new instance of DVC2 then import all your old scenes from your current instance.

This often solves patch corruption problems, ie: after things have been moved around a lot, or pan tilt invert has been activated then de- activated.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

but we've changed nothing...
?! Can this be?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

DMX faults have a habbit of being very elusive,

I ran a show for 3 months, then had a cable that had not been touched at 8M high in all that time,

went short circuit between one pin and earth, strange thing 2 fixtures later down the line semi worked ok. So elusive.
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

How exactly can I check the DMX output with the general-tab?
If I patch everything new, will then the light-programs be lost?
How can I ex-/import the programms?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

no on a new instance of daslight import all your scenes, the scene info will be there, but not the fixtures.

then you need to re create the patch exactly as you did the old patch. paste the fixtures in the same addresses.

but to view the channel info you don't need the patch to contain fixtures. you will see the chanel values going up and down with your programming.

you need to de-select "dissable the moving slider " in the tools option to view current dmx output values on the general tab.
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

sorry, I didn't understand what todo :(

How can I test all dmx outputs?

If I delete all patched objects and place them then new on the same adresses, are then the scenes in the programm and will they just work?
DJ rann

Post by DJ rann »

1.open a new show
2. repatch your fixtures
3. inport your scenes from old show.
DJ rann
MarcoMus

Post by MarcoMus »

Hi,

is "import" simply load the old light-project-file?
Or must I first export them?
DJ rann

Post by DJ rann »

MarcoMus wrote:Hi,

is "import" simply load the old light-project-file?
Or must I first export them?

First you set up a new show and patch,
than under the tools menu you find import,
klick it , you 'l see a folder with your old show
klick that . there should be your scenes , select them and klick open or somthing like that.

That should load the scenes into your new show.
DJ rann