How to preview next (unselected) scene?

The new Daslight - for PC and Mac

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

RickyReject
Operating System: Windows

How to preview next (unselected) scene?

Post by RickyReject »

I'm really a musician more than I am a lighting engineer, so sorry if I'm being stupid here...

I use "loopMidi" to trigger scenes from my DAW. It actually works great, but my issue is that I can't preview what my light fixtures are doing unless the scene is also selected.

In other words:

I have "Scene 1" selected. I trigger it with midi or mouse - the scene plays and I can see the graphical representation in the bottom left windows - so far all good.

However, when I trigger "Scene 2", with midi or mouse, the scene plays as it should, but the graphical representation isn't showing what's happening in "Scene 2" because "Scene 1" is still selected...

If I select "Live" mode instead of "Edit" mode, that seem to override anything and everything the scene is currently doing....I'm going nuts here...help?

This video will display exactly what I mean:
https://youtu.be/5f4Kj8-Sr5M
RickyReject

Re: How to preview next (unselected) scene?

Post by RickyReject »

Ok, bug or setting I've missed? In either case, I reinstalled software so this issue (if it was one) is solved.
juryannual

Post by juryannual »

RickyReject wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 pm Ok, bug or setting I've missed? In either case, I reinstalled software so this issue (if it was one) is solvedslice master
Have any solution? I have the same issue.
klauslein

Post by klauslein »

Hello.

I am using Easy View and have created a show stage that is similar to my original stage setup.
All my devices are there and that's how I create my shows. Of course, the individual movement speeds of the Movinv heads cannot be reproduced 100% on the screen, nor can the brightness of the individual spotlights.
That's why, at least once a year, I set up the sound and lighting system in the hall the night before with the organizer's consent and correct everything live.
Then just save it.
I only pay secondary attention to the tiny 2-dimensional images.
For me, this is the optimal way of working.

Greetings Klaus
willm

Post by willm »

Hello,

The reason for this is that when in Edit mode, the selected scene takes the highest priority so that you can edit your scenes correctly with no interference from other scenes. Because in your case, scene 1 is no longer playing once scene 2 is triggered- you are seeing a static value instead of the actual value. If you switch to Live mode, this should resolve the issue because your selected scene is no longer taking priority over the playing scene (as demonstrated here):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uvx7of ... sp=sharing

If you are noticing other issues with the Live mode, please do let us know and I will see what we can do!

Kind regards,
Will