Still Flashing

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

dmx512

Still Flashing

Post by dmx512 »

Hi
When I use my Pearl 2004 with the simulator and I move the macs etc with the attribute controls I get all the generic light flashing to full and off again which makes it hard to see what you are doing.....any ideas why this is Happening?.......Dave
Andre

Post by Andre »

What do you mean by "all the generic light flashing to full and off again" ???
Andre
dmx512

Post by dmx512 »

when I move the pan and tilt/colour wheels etc the whole virtual lighting rig flashes to full white and also does it when a movement shape is running bit like a lightning storm :shock:
Andre

Post by Andre »

Very strange.

Have you tried an un-install and then an install.

OK the Pearl 2004 is an Avolites desk ?
You will most probably find that using the attribute wheels is send a full dmx signal to all channels rather than just selected ones.
I have only ever used a standard "slider" based console as input but found it too much trouble as it does not seem you can mix the input from the console with the software. What I mean by that is if you map an input channel from the console to a channel on the USB DMX interface then that is how you have to control it only from the console. So any programmed senquences seem to ignore a channel if it was mapped to the input console.
Andre
dmx512

Avo lightning

Post by dmx512 »

Hi Andre
So are we saying that the avolites desks dont work with the simulator? which would be a shame as they are the biggest selling and most specified controllers in the world!!.........Dave
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi dmx512,

I am not saying that it will not work.
I am just pointing out that I have had problems using a 48 channel desk along side the DVC unit, I thought you could map the desk to the channels I wanted and be able to use them above what the DVC2 software does.
In my experience it did not work like that.
So I would expect other desks to have the same problem and especially the use of effects wheels to change attributes etc.

What I have found out is that if you want to do that you need a DMX Combiner where it takes 2 inputs and outputs then as one. Google "DMX Combiner" and you should find what you are looking for, various models out there and they have different functions etc to enable such stuff as "In A" take precedence etc. etc.
Have a look at http://www.edionline.com/downloads/P506 ... R_0405.pdf as an example (no recommendation though).
They can be expensive though.

I am now looking at getting one as certain things will be much easier from a desk than the software, nothing like having "real" sliders to push :)

I hope that helps,
Andre
dmx512

Post by dmx512 »

Thanks Andre
I will look into that...........Dave
Andre

Post by Andre »

dmx512 wrote:Thanks Andre
I will look into that...........Dave

I use Thomann for the majority of my kit I have purchased.
Even if I have to cut a Shucko plug off and put a 3pin UK one on still much cheaper than what you can get in the UK.
They have 3 DMX Combiners (merge) on their site.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.htm ... n=&x=8&y=6

The first 2 are identical, except in price and name. The 3rd as you will see is so much more expensive.

Hope that helps.
Andre