Android 7" Touchpad

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Android 7" Touchpad

Post by Richard CSL »

OK heres a new idea, partly based on an old idea.

The biggest problem with lighting hire is the control. Normally artists or dj,s are faced with a controller with loads of knobs and buttons. the learning curve is too great for them to master the control in one evening on a dry hire.

My thought is the hire company or owner of the lighting creates the programming in the workshop / garage / free ents room, wherever. The basic functions are then stored on a touch screen Android, big buttons with a front scroll screen for various parts of his / her show.

So my question is , can the android be connected directly to a usb dongle without the need for a network and seperate computer.???

and can DVS be upgraded to work specificaslly on the very cheap 125 pounds from Maplin, CPC, etc Android.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

can nicolaudie produce a smaller dongle ie: like the Magic Q, one for use directly with the android or iphone?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

DVC3 will include EasyRemote. A browser based LIVE screen which is automatically generated from the Daslight live screen.

Eventually, DVS will probably be linked to this.

Our sister company Arcolis is developing an iPhone/Android app programming software similar to daslight with fixture profiles, scenes/steps, editor and live screen. We are researching ways to connect directly to a DMX interface with this. For sure it is not possible with iPhone but maybe with Android.
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

Dont see any change in the Daslight if i control with it...
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I get the impression thisa is being constructed at the moment, and is not yet ready for release.

This may be some time if it is being developed by Arcolis, as this is yet another sister company.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Arcolis will be ready in January but will only be compatible with the Nicolaudie STICK to begin with. DVC3 will support an automatic live page generation for Android and will be able to send a DVS screen to the iPad. I have tested this at the PLASA show and it works great.