FX Flash mode

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

webbo04

FX Flash mode

Post by webbo04 »

Hi Guys,

Need some help with this. I create a new effect and enable flash mode, I then assign that effect to start a scene, a strobe effect. Surely if the effect is in flash mode when I release the shortcut I set up it should stop the scene. Why does it not do this? And is it possible? To me it's pointless having a flash mode if it doesn't release the effect on release of the button!?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

No, this will not stop the scene. If you want a strobe effect then you should assign your strobe inside the effect.
1.Go to the live tab
2.select your fixtures
3.move the shutter channel so that it points to strobe
4.create a new effect and click "include live faders"
5.give it a name, flash mode, shortcut, OK
6.you can now layer your strobe effect on any scene
DJ-Rene

Re: FX Flash mode

Post by DJ-Rene »

webbo04 wrote:Hi Guys,

Need some help with this. I create a new effect and enable flash mode, I then assign that effect to start a scene, a strobe effect. Surely if the effect is in flash mode when I release the shortcut I set up it should stop the scene. Why does it not do this? And is it possible? To me it's pointless having a flash mode if it doesn't release the effect on release of the button!?

Hi simon, it would be very nice if the effect stop the Scene after release the button. Many new LED-Effects (LED Bars) have no strobe in Full DMX Mode. I can make a scene with two steps. Step one all lights on, step two all lights off and so i can make a strobe scene. But there is no way to enter these scene with a effect-button and close the the scene when i release the button.
Comes this feature with Daslight 3? It would be very very nice.