NEW scanlibrary.

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

NEW scanlibrary.

Post by Richard CSL »

So I see we now have a new scanlibrary editor, however the help files online, bring us back to the older version.

great news we can finally edit the icons!!

An up to date manual please Simon.???

does this now mean we have to convert all our old ssl files to ssl2 files???
no just loaded a self created file into the program, but can't find a way of displaying the existing gobo icons, only get a name?????
the colour presets show the colour, but not the gobo??!!

we now have pan and tilt centre values, that can be set. It would be nice to be able to set a default start position for each head, and an offset value for if someone mounts the head slightly wrongly, or if the mic stand is not in the same place each time. Just a thought.

Regards Richard
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi Richard

does this now mean we have to convert all our old ssl files to ssl2 files???

No, DVC2 doesn't support SSL2, but the new library editor can save as SSL1 format.

no just loaded a self created file into the program, but can't find a way of displaying the existing gobo icons, only get a name?????

Are your old gobo icons inside the scanlibrary->icon folder?

the colour presets show the colour, but not the gobo??!!

Color presets take an RGB value to detect the color. If you need an image aswell you will need to drag over a gobo preset.

The manual will be included in the next release. For now you can find it by heading over to the Nicolaudie website or watching the video tutorials at Nicolaudietv
truss

Pan center does not save

Post by truss »

Hello!

I've been using daslight since a year. I've always had problems with the pan center in a 540º pan moving head.

I'm happy to have the new scanlibrary because I can assign manually the pan center (about the 170 DMX channel).
The only thing is that I edit the pan center, I save the ssl but when I close the scanlibrary and open it again the pan center remains in 127, so the changes have not been saved.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

DVC2 only supports the SSL1 format. The new editor supports SSL1 and SSL2 formats. Pan center is an SSL2 feature so you will have to wait for DVC3 I'm afraid.