I think I understand your question.
To run several scenes together, 2 things are important :
1) In EDIT mode, the on/off status of each DMX channel used for the scenes.
- ON with value > 0 = a significant value for the channel
- ON with value = 0 = reset value to zero for the channel (as if the channel was not used)
- OFF = keep the current value for the channel (= it does not add new value)
2) The Release parameter for the scenes (Off / General / Group / All except group).
For example, "Off" keeps the scene running when another scene starts.
Unfortunately, Daslight 4 stores the channels ON/OFF status for the WHOLE SCENE and not for the individual steps.
It means that a channel set to OFF status on a step (during EDIT) will be changed to ON=0 as soon as another step of that scene uses that channel.
(It could have been handy to have on/off status stored at step level but it's not the case in the present version).
On the sample show attached, if SCENE A is running, SCENE B overrides the settings of SCENE A (and thus starts with black for all beams).
A way to do it is to program a single scene (SCENE A+B).
Or use the FX generator to create a chase (for example, Pixel Knight Rider).
Another method is to create a group of scenes (each scene with 1 step) that jump to each other but it becomes tricky.
Hope this helps.
- (69.41 KiB) Downloaded 3 times