definitely, and even more!
No votes

Total votes: 1

SEG Operation
Operating System: Windows

Daslight 5 / Features - Suggestions - Requests

Postby SEG Operation » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:27 am

Hello Guys / Daslight Team
I have some Features / Suggestions / Requests for the New Version of Daslight. (Daslight 5)
I hope you can add them to your List and realize them somehow.

1) Multi(touch)screen Support
I would like to have the opportunity to use multible Screen's and save the Layout I made in the Showfile.
Multible Showscreen's or different Screens.

2) Effect Generator
I would like to be able to make semetric Pan/Tilt Movement Effects in the Effect Generator.
A button or another marker to select another Group of Fixtures which runs the Effect backwards.
You often see Effects were the Movement Effect runs symmetrical. I know Daslight 4 has the capability to invert Pan / Tilt on Fixtures but this setting is "permanent" and then you lose the ability to easily make effects that are not symmetrical.

3) Pan / Tilt offset
Sometimes you have a rig that is not perfectly build and you have to add a slight offset to the movement so it looks more even and calibrated. This would be a nice setting in the Setup-Window.

4) Pan / Tilt Home
Yes, you can just make a Scene that is allways on an stores a "modified" Home Postion so the moving Fixtures do not turn all the way back if no moving scene is selected. But a another Window in the Setup screen would be better.

5) E1.31 / sACN Support
A few improvements compared to artnet and many devices support it.

6) Sub-Masters !!!
Many Fixtures with individual controllable LED's / Cells only have a Master-Dimmer and the RGB(W) per Cell to save some Parameters. Please add a function (Midi-assignable) to Dimm / Limit selectable DMX Channels & Functions.
Add Fader in Showmode & below Scene.

7) Midi in Showmode
When you create custom Buttons and Faders in Showmode that controll Multible things you can only trigger them via a Click on the button/fader. Please add Midi functionality there. (Maybe even as a Patch in Daslight 4)

8) Timecode ?!
A option to select an Input for Smpte & Midi Timecode. Some sort of Cuelist.
Cues that activate scenes on a Timecode Timestamp.

9) DVC 4 GZM Full Support in Daslight 5
Please

10) Midi Controller in Programming Mode
I am using a Elation Midicon Pro. It has a "numpad" but it sends Midi Messages (not numbers) when you press the button.
Can you add some kind of "Midi to Key" Translation to for example type in a DMX Value.

11) Different Thems
self explanatory. Dark Theme / Light Theme -- Selectable Base Color

Thanks for Making such an awesome Software. Hope you can add these and more features to the next Version of Daslight.
I hope you are all fine and developing the software works as you wish.

PolDavril

Re: Daslight 5 / Features - Suggestions - Requests

Postby PolDavril » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi,

If I can make a general suggestion for next releases.

I have been using Daslight 4 for a while but I've had some issues (and crashes !) during public shows, so I stopped using it.

In my opinion, what a stage manager needs is mainly :
- A perfect stability, even with a MIDI controler
- A fluid and error-free playback of recorded scenes
- No regressions between updates (I mean features not working anymore after an update or any new unexpected behaviour)
- A small file size and a quick load of a show file
- A 3D visualiser that works in alla cases (and bug-free)

Daslight 4 has a nice interface, very pleasant and easy to work with. The engine is well thought.

Again, I think that a general stability is far more important than "gadget" features.

I hope that my remarks will be helpful.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.bravorama.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be

TomHat

Postby TomHat » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all we would like to thank all of you for your precious input on this matter. We sure will be taking your suggestions into consideration for the next big versions of Daslight software.

PolDavril, we understand your disapointement regarding the way some issues have been treated. And we must thank you for all the work you've put into D4 testing and the help this has been to us. We have grown from this and will make sure this kind of issues do not happen in the next big versions of Daslight.

We wish you all well.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : france@daslight.com
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500

PolDavril

Postby PolDavril » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:54 am

Hi TomHat,

Thanks for your answer.
I stopped using Daslight 4 for some reasons explained briefly above, mainly unexpected issues during shows. It's a personal decision, although I'm sure that D4 has been improved in the meantime.
I've switched to another software and interface. Nevertheless, Daslight 4 is still installed on my PC's and I visit this forum from time to time, trying to help people when it is possible. Really, I spent a lot of good times testing D4 and reporting bugs and suggestions. I do not exclude to do it again in the future, who knows...
Kind regards,
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
Daslight 4 - Version Jan 13 2020
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.bravorama.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be

Return to “Daslight 4”