Problem with different BEAM 230s

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

symounduriastod
Operating System: Windows

Problem with different BEAM 230s

Post by symounduriastod »

Hi! I am a lights guy and am currently in a bind.

I am provided with 7 BEAM 230w's (American DJ copies from China) They are virtually identical but 2 of them have different internal settings.

5 of these moving heads don't have the WASH effect. Usually, these are all set in channel 6; with channels 1-4 dedicated to movement, 5 is speed, 6 is wash or beam, then so on and so forth.

with 5 of these moving heads having no WASH effect, all the channels move one step lower. So instead of 7 being the color channel, it becomes channel 6.

But then I have 2 moving heads WITH WASH channels. So with these two heads, their channel 6 is WASH, channel 7 is COLOR.

The question is, how can I control the palette GLOBALLY, that applies to all my moving heads? Right now, I can't seem to do that because their channels differ at channel 6 and up. I can't seem to make them turn RED all at the same time because Daslight refuses to see them as moving lights of the same kind.

Please help!
TomHat

Re: Problem with different BEAM 230s

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

If you wish to change COLOR, PAN/TILT or DIMMER for all your lights at the same time, you can try using the GLOBAL pallette controls.
All other features are really specific to the fixture family.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500