The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

fsacco
Operating System: Windows

das4 crash often - Midi processing is very bad

Post by fsacco »

bug1:
i loosing MidiPorts after every Das4 crash on Windows 10 1909,
With more than 10 midi ports, the program crashes even more often.
i think with less then 10 Midiports (virt. and hardware) ist crashs not so often.
it is unstable even if I work without active midi ports - it's terrible!
When the light show is finished, daslight runs stably. (as long as there is not a lot of midi data)

bug2:
With many incoming midi data, for example several midi gesture controllers, das4 also crashes more often.
Midi processing is very bad. Das4 need's a Midi Loopback detection also.
FLstudio, Cubase, Kontakt6, Bome Midi Translator work stable on my system with 20 Hardware + 60 virt. MidiLoop Ports.

Can you help me?

my system specs:
Dual XEON E5-2680 v3, 64GB Ram, Dual GTX1080
Nolaz
Operating System: Windows

Re: das4 crash often - Midi processing is very bad

Post by Nolaz »

It would appear not
P-Low

Re: das4 crash often - Midi processing is very bad

Post by P-Low »

Hello

We are aware that MIDI controllers can transmit too much data to process, and this problem is known when adjusting fast. 

Daslight 4 is not optimised to handle a lot of data. If moving the faders quickly Daslight 4 may become delayed or even crash whilst processing commands. 

To help optimise response time and prevent crashes, you need to reduce the data transmitted between Daslight 4 and the MIDI controller. To do this, you need to disable the feedback option for all faders, when you set the MIDI mapping.

If the problem persists, a computer with a high specification would be required.

Unfortunately this is unlikely to be fixed in Dalsight 4, but will be addressed in future versions such as Daslight 5 which are are in the planning stages of.

Kind Regards
Daslight Technical Support