totally frustrated.. lights changing position

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

TheFiend

totally frustrated.. lights changing position

Post by TheFiend »

ok now i am just mad... I spend 17 hours building a stage, setting all the lights where I want them... it was saved and working fine.. so the program crashed (as it likes to do) and now all the lights are sitting in a row on my stage floor blinking at me..... I have tried everything to get it all back where I set them but nothing works... its just it just forgot where I put the lights.... it worked for 3 days without issue and now.... its all ruined.... any ideas on how to get things back?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

send me over your show along with your 3D stage and fixture profiles and I'll take a look. it sounds like they may need to be re-patched and positioned in the visualizer. It would also help if you can send me your latest backup so I can compare the files
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I have had that happen to me many times. Once the patch changes the visualiser automatically asks if you wish to update, if you say yes it puts all the lights in a line, seriously annoying. And unfortunately you have loast the positionings forever unless you exit without saving changes, then start again and they should be where they all were.

It is a very unstable environment when the visualiser asks for updates from DVC2, if there are patch changes the visualiser just assumes thie is a fresh project.

So if you did'nt save changes you should be OK. one tip is to rename the 3D project each time you make changes. that way you should have a workable backup you can go back to.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience