colour channel not behaving

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

colour channel not behaving

Post by Richard CSL »

I had a great one today, produced 4 scanner (DML 22-6) making a circle to mimic an old fashioned 80's hellicopter. Set each head to a different colour. run through the steps no problem, as soon as i run with fade the blue (last head) would revert to white.

Tried everything in the book to get it to work, only live override of the colour channel works.

It is almost certainly a patch problem. The head works fine on all previously created colour scenes.

If the scenes are run in step timed mode ie no fade. the head remains blue, but the scenes are not smooth enough like this. Only solution is to run a seperate scene with head 4 in blue and using the group start oprtion to trigger the two together.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Can you drop me an e-mail with the show?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

please send me your email address so i can send the file.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

sorry, didn't realise I hadn't added it to my account, click the e-mail icon and it should work now
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

OK relief, I found a solution. move the bad head to a different part of the same universe. copy the head to the left of the bad one. then paste it. The new one will end up at the end of the patch. now move this to where the faulty one was. check in editor for correct function then delete the faulty head.

I also resolved my GS2 issue by finding an earlier version of my work ( over a month ago) I unchecked swop pan and tilt, and this worked. so I then imported all the scenes . all I lost was the group information and any next commands. Still better than loosing all my work. (2 months worth)