advanced FX with a Martin Wizard Extreme

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

discoian

advanced FX with a Martin Wizard Extreme

Post by discoian »

Ok, i'm slowly learning Gold and it's very clear that it is a powerful application.

I have a pair of Martin Wizards. Sometimes I take one out, sometimes a pair.

I'd like to create some movements for use with the Wizard. I've looked at the manual but when I try it the FX generator doesn't offer me any sort of pan/tilt movements. Is this pilot error or do I need to alter the fixture file maybe?

Also, generally I just use one wizard but sometimes take two out for bigger gigs. Other than setting the other wizard to the same DMX channel as the first, is there any way I can get it to copy the movements of the other Wizard in "mirror"?

The Wizards do not have a dip switch setting to reverse, so i'm guessing it needs to be done really in the software. Is there a switch I can flick to magically do this or am I a lost cause?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hello

The rollers are not interpereted as pan/tilt, this is why the effects generator does not allow access to the pan and tilt effects. You can open the wizard profile with the scan library editor, and then change the swivel and roll channels to pan and tilt channels. This should fix the issue. (make sure you restart DVC2, you may also need to re-patch the fixtures).

There is currently no "mirror" option within the effect generator (however people have suggested this before so it could be a possible addition for the future).

1. You can add phasing to a pan/tilt effect. Depending on the effect shape, if you add the correct amount of phasing the effect will appear mirrored.
2. You can invertt he pan/tilt channels within the setup tab
valleytha

Post by valleytha »

How can I create a local area network connection without completing wizard?
When I try to create a new connection wizard, it says "not enough space". how can i create internet connection settings without wizard?