minor issue!!! please help guys!!

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jasonfowler

minor issue!!! please help guys!!

Post by jasonfowler »

hi there i got a DVC2GOLD and i got all my lights running on a seperate dmx controller at the moment how can i get it so it will work with my DVC2 Gold controller?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

So I presume you have installed Daslight. and you wish to save the scenes from your old controller onto DVC.
to do this you will need to use DMX in. the second socket is by default universe 1 input.

you will need to go through the old controller scene by scene and save this in the editor.

this is the quick way to start using DVC but not the best way.
I suggest you try the video tutorial on the Daslight home page.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
jasonfowler

Post by jasonfowler »

yeah i have installed daslight i just cant understand why i cant just plug and play and enter the dmx addresses into daslight which are on the fixtures themselves and they just run when i run a scene any ideas?
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

As with all dmx software you need to tell the computer what it is connected to.

so in the set up screen top left tab, click on the big square with the green cross on it. Now add your fixtures from the drop down box on the left, you will need to know what the dip switch start addresses are.

This process is called creating the patch, without doingf this nothing will work.
next go into the editor tab and you will see your fixtures ready for programming. Now you create your own scenes, or you can use the Fx button on the left to have the function generator create them for you.

#You really need to look at the Tutorials as this explains the whole process very clearly.

http://www.daslight.com/tutorials/
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Andre

Post by Andre »

jasonfowler wrote:yeah i have installed daslight i just cant understand why i cant just plug and play and enter the dmx addresses into daslight which are on the fixtures themselves and they just run when i run a scene any ideas?

You do not have to patch any fixtures if you do not want, but you will forfeit any of the benifits of having a software DMX controller.

On the "GENERAL OUTPUTS" tab you will find the sliders for all 512 channels.
Move the slider(s) that is/are associated with the address(es) of you fixture and it will work just as if you had a simple hardware controller.

Not sure if you can create scenes this way as I have not ever tried as I have always patched my fixtures, if they did not exist before hand, I created them using the ScanLibrary program.
Andre