Sunlite / Daslight. we all need to change over.

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Richard CSL

Sunlite / Daslight. we all need to change over.

Post by Richard CSL »

This post has been copied here because I feel it is important to all Daslight users.

So Simon.

what you are saying is that we should all switch over to Sunlite, because everything we keep asking for has already been written into their software.

May I take this opportunity to explain that all of us here are of the opinion that Sunlite is very difficult to comprehend, especially as we have all taken the time to learn Daslight. the 2 programs certainly have some similarities, but to actually program and operate they are totally different.

Yes, I wish I had perhaps started with Sunlite, because it certainly seems Sunlite gets major priority when it comes to program advancements updats and improvements.

However I feel that if any of us change to a different software it will almost certainly not be Sunlite. Many have discussed other software options, and nobody has ever mentioned Sunlite.

So again please keep us in the loop as to developments , and let us know when we can expect updates , and what will they contain.

Thank you.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
gazthechav

Post by gazthechav »

No one is going to buy DasLight at the end of the day. Especially after reading the forum. The user support has now been lost with Andre leaving and development does not happen apart from changing the colour of interface buttons....
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

the user support has now been lost with Andre leaving

Support is available on these forums and e-mail support is available... [email protected] in addition to written manuals, written tutorials and video tutorials.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Not any real support though is it.

"Buy Sunlite as that is an advanced feature, Daslight not good enough" seems to be the most common answer.
Andre
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Seems like Nicolaudie are going to loose out big time, I for one am seriously considering the professional theatre based Magic Q, more money I know, but at least they do actually have a "DEVELOPMENT" team, not a part time school kid in France
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
vclighting

Post by vclighting »

SimonB and Bruno,

I am a recent purchaser of the DasLight controller. I had compared the DasLight and SunLight products, as well as others. The evaluation had been unfortunately quick, but I had made my decision after seeing a possible glimmer of hope when several updates had been posted on DasLight in a relatively short period. I had determined that the DasLight product had promise, and was much more intuitive than the SunLight and other offerings. Nothing in the web stated that DasLight was better for club and SunLight better for stage productions. Even the literature and box printing on my DVC2-512 states "For all your DMX lighting projects" and "Architectural/Install/DJ/Club/Mobile/Stage/Theater/Rental". It just seems that more often than not, DasLight personnel keep telling DasLight users that request new functionality that they should change to SunLight. Worse even, that change isn't cheap, even though the hardware could most definitely theoretically be flashed to operate with the other software.

It just seems to let more air out of power users when they are told that there are no major changes coming soon, and functionality will actually be removed from the software in future releases. I feel rather disappointed after reading the latest posts tonight...
Bruno Falip

Post by Bruno Falip »

I never said customers had to move to Sunlite for more functionnalities. I just said Daslight had to stay easier to use and to understand. And my experience is that if we add too many features then the software gets more complicated and people complain at the end.
Of course it doesn't mean that we will not add any change/feature to the software but we must take the right decision and add the good features.