light mixer with HE10 in output

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

damosound

light mixer with HE10 in output

Post by damosound »

hello world

I wanted to know if there are lights that have mixer port HE10 output as ...

you explain the problem, Ii, inlive using the lights mixer, for the management of fixed lights on stage, and then use daslight (with DVC2 GOLD) for the management of motorized light. exist if a light mixer cofigurabile with HE10, I could insert a scene from the light mixer (with the headlights fixed) and at the same time, if the mixer communicates with the HE10, to start the scene of the motorized light(by DVC2 GOLD), moving one of the cursor on the light mixer .... you've ..?...
This was wondering if there was a mixer that has the HE10 output in order to attack the interface daslight.
Andre

Post by Andre »

There are no light consoles that have an HE10 connection as far as I am aware and cannot see any reason they would have one.

Why can you not control the fixed stage lights with DVC2 ?
Andre
damosound

Post by damosound »

no ...
for the simple fact, a safe box .... so that if the pc freezes there's always light on stage, and the same way if it stops the light mixer .... I use both analog and digital systems separated
Ryger1

Post by Ryger1 »

Can you not use the DVC2 Gold interface? It will operate 8 different shows stand-alone without a computer connection - useful if the PC crashes.
DMX Made Easy
mikey9206

Post by mikey9206 »

can i be nosey?

when you talk about 'stand alone' are you talking about a whole other lighting desk?

does dvc2 have the ability to link up with a lighting desk? if so :P how?
Andre

Post by Andre »

mikey9206 wrote:can i be nosey?

when you talk about 'stand alone' are you talking about a whole other lighting desk?

does dvc2 have the ability to link up with a lighting desk? if so :P how?

Yes if the DVC2 interface has an input channel as well as output then you can link a lighting desk to that and control stuff from the lighting desk by turning on DMX Input on the channel you want to use. I have tried it but do not like it as any channels that are assigned to DMX Input will not get controlled by any scenes that use that channel. Great if they are house lights or something similar that you are not going to do chases with etc.
I would rather use a DMX merge interface that will allow you to control channels from both the desk and the PC with priority going to which ever one you want and various other ways of controlling them.

The above problem controlling channels via an external DMX lighting controller also applies to a midi controller as well.

"Stand Alone" means the interface can operate without being connected to a PC and will run stored scenes according to your parameters and via the buttons on top of the interface.
Last edited by Andre on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre
Andre

Post by Andre »

Ryger1 wrote:Can you not use the DVC2 Gold interface? It will operate 8 different shows stand-alone without a computer connection - useful if the PC crashes.

The DVC2 Gold can store upto 22,000 steps (1 channel) and around 230 steps (512 channels). It cannot store "shows" only scenes and the number of scenes is determined by the number of channels and steps used. No hard and fast calculation. The new interface DVC2 GZM has a Mini SD card so I am assuming taht will be able to hold even more.
Andre
Ryger1

Post by Ryger1 »

As Andre said - the DVC2 gold controller stores 8 of it's lightshows(scenes really) internally and these can be triggered from the buttons on the top of the interface or from 8 remote buttons via the HE10 port.

You can also drive the controller directly via the DMX input port with another DMX desk (8 scenes).
Or when connected to a laptop and running DVC2 via a midi control signal & this will allow for lots of scenes to be available.

It is also possible to run the DVC2 software from a wireless connection by connecting to your PC wi-fi and running a 3rd party program to operate the software midi functions.
Your iphone etc can be set up to display the scene triggers on the touch screen.

Works with iPhone, palms etc.
Andre knows a bit more about this plug-in program than I do.
DMX Made Easy