LEDJ Spectra Batons

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

cdsounds

LEDJ Spectra Batons

Post by cdsounds »

Hi Guys,

Newbie here so be gentle :lol:

I have tried to create a Profile for some LEDJ Spectra Batons but so far had no luck :? The units have a dimmer on the first channel, strobe control on the second then the next three are Red Green and Blue... the Scanlibrary will allow this and it works fine... however each "pod" of LED's has their own RGB control in wide mode and Daslight wont allow multiple RGB on any one fixture.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Spectra Baton Info

Spectra Baton User Manual
cdsounds

Post by cdsounds »

Guys... does anybody have any ideas for this one? It could be a common problem to many LED fixtures that have a global Dim/Strobe and multiple sections individually addressable via RGB Channels
cdsounds

Post by cdsounds »

Just had an email from Vianney... Daslight doesnt support multiple RGB channels within one fixture :cry: :cry:

Maybe this should be a feature added to future versions :?: :?:
Andre

Post by Andre »

What you could do is create the first 5 channels as you have done with the Dimmer, Strobe, Red, Green and Blue.
Then the rest of the channels have as "other" and set the channel name as "red1", "green1", "blue1", "red2" ... etc.
Edit each of them and change Effect type to Color icon and the icon to the colour of each one i.e red, green or blue.
Untick "choose icon for me" and "Choose name for me"
Name each preset as you did with the channel name i.e. "red1", "green1", "blue1", "red2" ... etc.
Set the First DMX level to 0
Set the Last DMX level to 255
Set the Default DMX level to 0
Tick the Show Dimmer fader.

It might not be as flexible as having mutiple Red, Green, Blue "Type"s but it will work.

If you are like me you get to remember values for certain colours so you don't need to see the actual colour on the icon.

I hope that helps.
If you are unsure I could create the fixture for you if you send me the DMX channels or tell me where I could download them.
Andre
Daslight-Asiasupport

Post by Daslight-Asiasupport »

For multiple RGB in one fixture,or several RGB groups in one LED.To create a good library is difficult.But you can seperate one library to several libraries to have good control for 1 LED fixture with multiple RGB or several RGB groups.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Daslight-Asiasupport wrote:For multiple RGB in one fixture,or several RGB groups in one LED.To create a good library is difficult.But you can seperate one library to several libraries to have good control for 1 LED fixture with multiple RGB or several RGB groups.

Yep, I can understand that and quite clever.
Never thought of doing it that way.
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

Yes, using multiple libraries is the best way. The other thing is that you will need to display each RGB lamp on the 3D (if used) so it is important to control them and show them separatly to show each lamps.