Copying scenes to a group

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nobby99

Post by nobby99 »

I have begun with one MH. Now I have 2 and will get 2 more shortly. I have created nice scenes for the first one, but I cannot get the scenes to work on all MHs - unless I would redo all my work. I have created a group, and when I start programming a new scene, the result applies on all related faders when the group is activated. Is there any way to copy my "one group member" scenes to all group members?

Regards, nobby99
Andre

Re: Copying scenes to a group

Post by Andre »

nobby99 wrote:I have begun with one MH. Now I have 2 and will get 2 more shortly. I have created nice scenes for the first one, but I cannot get the scenes to work on all MHs - unless I would redo all my work. I have created a group, and when I start programming a new scene, the result applies on all related faders when the group is activated. Is there any way to copy my "one group member" scenes to all group members?

Regards, nobby99

Interesting.

I always program for all lights I will eventually have. So even if I have 1 light now but know I will have 4 in the near future I will program as if I had them all.

I have just tried but cannot get to copy existing steps for one fixture across the other fixtures.
Andre
nobby99

Post by nobby99 »

Apparently the database design of Daslight seems somewhat outdated to me if this should not be possible at all. I think that this is a fundamental problem since it will very useful to copy scenes or parts of them to another scene, or store them for reuse.

Nobby99
Andre

Post by Andre »

I think someone requested the ability to be able to do a copy and merge,which would solve your problem quite easily, but again we do not seem to be kept informed as to what is going on in the development of the program.
Andre
halfeatencandy

Post by halfeatencandy »

Has anybody figured this out? I am having the same issue.. I made 100 scenes in 1 group and I would like to copy and paste everything into another group to edit. I can only figure out how to copy ONE scene at a time within its own group. ...weird. what am i missing??

k
halfeatencandy

Post by halfeatencandy »

hmmm... well I still don't have the answer about copy and paste..however i found another way. I just had to highlight the group that i wanted to copy and Save it. I then had to create my new group and highlight it then click "import" and then find the correct file to import. .. still strange that you can't copy and paste though.

k