Noob totally stumped by Prolight/Equinox Pegasus laser

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

pumbie

Noob totally stumped by Prolight/Equinox Pegasus laser

Post by pumbie »

Help! I'm a noob to the scanlibrary editor. Successfully managed to copy and amend a couple of profiles for simple effects but now looking at the Prolight / Equinox Pegasus 4-head laser manual and totally scratching my head!

Have already looked around for an existing SSL for similar named effects to no avail.

Problem is this is a 7-DMX-channel unit, with the setting of channel 1 determining whether other channels are active or ignored. I've had the unit working manually on a desk to try to get to grips with it.

Manual here
http://prolight.co.uk/images/media/11/1 ... 01-um0.pdf

Can anybody help?

Appreciate any tips/pointers.
Andre

Post by Andre »

The minimum you need to create is just a 7 channel fixture, with every channel set to other. That will enable you to control the faders.

Longer version.
Just create a 7 channel fixture of "Library type" Other and use "Type 5" for what it looks like, you can change the size as well. Not that this really matters as you will not see any beams in the visualiser.
You can name each channel like what is in manual, select "Other" as the channel type.
Then for each channel press the "New" button and create each of the required addresses, you can choose any pictures you like to help you remember and name them accordingly.
Once you have done all that then save it and patch into DVC2.
You should now have a fixture you can use, just need to select from channel 1 first then from channel 2, 3 or 4 for what pattern you want and then from channels 5,6 & 7 for the effects.

Sorry i do not have time to create a fixture for you.

Hope that helps in some small way.
Andre
pumbie

Post by pumbie »

Andre

Many thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.

I really did think I was going mad with this until in sheer desparation I connected the laser to a manual desk and pushed a few sliders round to see what the hell was happening.

It turns out there's an undocumented 'gap' in the channel lineup :roll:
Channel 2 is empty. Ch 3 does what Ch 2 is documented to do; Ch 4 ch 3 etc. all the way to Ch 8. Ch 1 = Ch 1
:shock:

So you can see why I was stumped!!!

Anyway, I now have a skeleton working so a couple more hours setting up the different combinations and I'm sure I'll have a working file. Obviously if you're reading this at some point in the future having found the thread on a search, give me a nudge and I'll send you what I have :D