Don't understand Eurolite LED Bar RGB 252

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

kabafreak

Don't understand Eurolite LED Bar RGB 252

Post by kabafreak »

Hi @ all.

I want to establish a matrix of 10x Eurolite LED Bars RGB 252/10 but i don't understand the DMX-protocol of these lights.

As dmx-interface i take a DVC 2 Gold with DVC2 software and ScanLibrary Editor.

Can anyone transport the protocol in a *.ssl for me, please?

1000 thanks.

kabafreak
Andre

Post by Andre »

I don't normally create fixtures for people I try to encourage them to do it themsleves and will help if they get stuck.
These multiple RGB fixtures are a right pain to do so thought I would help as much as I can and is also a learning excerise for me as well.

The ScanLibrary program at the moement does not allow multiple RGB elements so you have to play clever tricks I will explain in a minute.

OK it has twelve channels and if you want to control all 10 elements individually then look at the 2nd line down.
The first line is just the blackout so setting channel 1 to zero will blkackout the light and ignore all the values in the other channels, but I would still set them to zero on blackout.
From the 2nd line
set the channel 1 between 1 and 15 this enables the dimmer1 which is in channel 2 which which will then control the overall brightness of all the RGB channels.
Channel 2 is the overall dimmer channel for all the RGB channels values from 0-255, off to full on I am assumng.
Channel 3 is the Flash (Strobe) channel again this is for all the RGB channels, values from 0-255, I am assuming slow to fast.
Channels 4 - 12 are the 3 RGB channel groups.

Right you could just set it up as a twelve channel fixture and leave all the RGB channels as undefined and set the others accordingly, channel 1 call it Mode or Control., Channel 2 Dimmer, Channel 3 Strobe channel.
Problem with this is that you will not be able to use it properly in the visualiser as I said above you can't have multiple RGB channels in 1 fixture, but you would still be able to control it OK and work OK.

The second option is define a fixture that has 6 channels, COntrol, Dimmer,Strobe and RGB. Then define a fixture that is just RGB. Then when you want to load your fixtures in to DVC2 you would patch the first fixture then 2 of the 2nd fixture and then rinse and repeat for the rest.

The 2nd option is what I would go for as it allows for it to be displayed in the visualiser and you get the RGB mixing as well.

I have created the fixtures as best as I can, it will allow for full control of all segments, but for some of the modes you will have to play with the sliders to get the exact effect. Look in column 1 this is your mode, select the mode you want then read across the row to see what channels you can use for each mode.
I have uploaded them in a zip file to my website for you to download as Daslight makes no provision for this on their website.

Get it here

Save the zip file somewhere and un-zip to the Daslight Virtual Controller 2\ScanLibrary\Eurolite folder.

You can then you can patch them into DVC2, remember Part 1 1st then 2 off Part 2.

Have a look at the part 1 fixture and see what I have done, you can modify as needed.

NOT TESTED ..........

Hope it helps
Andre
kabafreak

Post by kabafreak »

Hi Andre,

at first thank you for your fast reply and creating the files. I've just tried out your fixtures in the Virtual 3D Simulator and all works fine. At the moment i can't test this in reality because all the bars are on a event.

I will write the results fast as possible.
Andre

Post by Andre »

kabafreak wrote:Hi Andre,

at first thank you for your fast reply and creating the files. I've just tried out your fixtures in the Virtual 3D Simulator and all works fine. At the moment i can't test this in reality because all the bars are on a event.

I will write the results fast as possible.

No problem, I hope they do the job, if they are working in the visualiser then that is a good sign.
Andre
kabafreak

Post by kabafreak »

Here i am. :D

Andre, your fixtures works really fine. The matrix of 10 bar is a great effect.

Thank you.

kabafreak