dmx song programming

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ruangi

dmx song programming

Post by ruangi »

while im quite new on this ,somebody asked me to help out with hardware and software to bring hes gigs to an new lvl.

he asked if its possible to program scenes detailed as possible.
i told him ill look into it and will do a presentation of it.
he gave me the info that he uses virtualDJ for sound play and want to use dashlight as he has already the gold controller.

And here we come to my problem.
to program with detail ive chosen the song " Till the sky falls down".
Ive found out that there are 4 parts to program.
1 beats
2 voice
3 music
4 sound effects general

so i started to program the beats called "program1"
it starts at 4 sec stop at 49 sec and restart,etc

now i wanted to program the voice but it seems i cant included it in program1 because they crossover,i mean both parts overlap and doesnt have the same timings.
so i was thinking, lets make program2 as voice

on testing it ,it seems i cant start up both programs the same time and cant find a way todo so atm .

is there something im missing that can do that or cant the software play several programs parallel at the same time and as one scene.

working with several controllers or universes to get this work make no sence and will never get it synced.

as i sayed im pretty new on this (been looking at it for a week between work and famely) and its possible i missing something because didnt looked at everything yet.

thanks for reply.
Toolbox

Post by Toolbox »

I hope I understand your problem right. If I do so, I see two ways of solving it:

1. you make four scenes and trigger them with the same shortcut. Let's say you choose letter "a" as shortcut. If you push "a" all the scenes start or stop at the same time.

> In live mode you rightclick on the tab of the scene, then "proprieties" and then choose a trigger key.

2. you put all the scenes in one group and push the play/stop button of the group. That lets start or stop all the scenes in the group.

> In the editor you can make groups (see icons on the top). In livemode you can click on the group icon to show the groups.
ruangi

Post by ruangi »

sorry for slow respons i was working on something else.

thanks for the reply and ill look in to it today and give respons when done
ruangi

Post by ruangi »

ive been working on it and here my findings.

solution 1 doesnt work. right klick and play only activate last scene .not all together

solution 2 works but encounter a bug

if i play the scene solo by pushing in live on the tab or activate it with hotkey it works fine but when i combine 2 or 3 scenes with same key on activation some fixtures lights doesnt work in all the scenes.you can see the fixtures moving but no light.
by trying to find a solution i found out that the shutter of fixtures doesnt open and with it no light can work but you see the pan sliders moving

again playing the scenes separatly works fine.

sometimes 2 scenes are working and suddenly give that bug
working on 3 scenes got the bug again and after an hour trying everything 2scenes work together but when i ad the 3th one i get the bug again .
ive restarted the 3D many times (sometimes it helps to fix problems) and also restarted dashlight several times but the bug stays.

detail: the 3th scene isnt programmed yet only 100 steps are set with 1 sec timed but no fixtures are programmed yet in it

before i get "its maybe hardware" heres my hardware list
Asus Z97 Deluxe
i7-4770k 4.6 Ghz
16GB ram at 2133Mhz
Asus GTX970 Strix
2x 1080p monitors ips panels
cpu usage max 7%
ram usage 4GB
3D fps continuesly around 21.7

i hope you have some solution for it because cant continue programming.
ruangi

Post by ruangi »

i found the problem of lights not showing in 3D.

it was conflicts in scenes.

not that the fixtures was used in several scenes but the use fixture in scene1 was also in on position in scene 2 or 3

i didnt used those fixtures and no sliders are moved (still at 0) but under the sliders there are buttons with off/on/ auto/etc settings and they were on.

putting those buttons on the off position the conflict stopped and lights were showing again

it costed me some time to figure out and to fix it because scene 1 has 550 steps,scene 2 has 450 steps ...
but im happy i can continue to program.