Lost Control

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Toolbox

Lost Control

Post by Toolbox »

Hello everybody

I have a huge problem that I can't fix. It drives me crazy! I'm useing Daslight for some years now and had never bigger problems.

But now this:

I wanted to try something out. So I took two different LED-Pars home to make some tests. I set Daslight up but had no reaction on the Lights.

I checked the DMX-Cable, tried out 3 different cables. I tested with 2 different Laptops. I switched the USB-Cable. I updated the Software and the Firmware on the Interface.

One Light reacts to the signal, but extremely slow. If I create a scene "strobo like" with: red/black like strobo I get an on/off of the light with about 5 seconds intervals (light on for 5 seconds, light off for 5 seconds). The second type of light doesn't react at all.

I use a DVC Gold ZM with the Virtual Controller 3. This setup used to work not long ago. But now I can't do anything with it anymore.

Is my interface damaged? Did I forget something?

I' m extremely glad to find a solution. I need it to work!

Ok. When I enter the Hardwaremanager, I can control the Lights with the Hardwaremanager just like I want to. The moment I turn back to the virtual Controler, it doesn't work any longer. That means there is something wrong with the settings but the Interface would still work - just like the lights and all the cables. What is wrong? How can I reset everything?
Benno

Post by Benno »

To try and find out where the problem is could you do a test with one light only?

Open Daslight and move your light position to a certain point/colour etc. Open the DMX level display window and make a note of the DMX levels.

Open HardwareManager and set it to the exact same DMX levels. Check to see if colour and position are the same.

In the meantime if you could email me over your serial number I can check the system.
Benno
--
Product Support
Toolbox

Post by Toolbox »

Thanks for helping me!

I set up only one light. This time I could not manage to do anything with it. The DMX level display shows exactly the fadermovement of me but still no output on the light.

And again - as soon as I enter the "Hardware configurator" I can control the lights:

> Universe 1 > DMX-Out > Presets "Fast"

Then I can move the faders in the manager up and down and see the light reacting at the same time.

Is it possible that the setup of the interface is messed up? Can I reset that somehow?

BTW: I sent you a PM with the serial number and type of the Interface!
Benno

Post by Benno »

Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of the Hardware Manager DMX output window as well as the DVC3 DMX level display window?

Also would you be able to try the device with DVC2 just to check to see if you're having similar problems?

If you could also send us over your showfile we will runs some test here.

Going foward if you are still having problems we can arrange an RMA to get your device looked at.
Benno
--
Product Support
Toolbox

Post by Toolbox »

Thank you very much!

Can you send me your emailadress then I send you the screenshots.

I deleted all versions of Daslight. I tried DVC2, DVC3 and DVC3 Beta. I sometimes manage to get control for about 5minutes maximum and then the light stops.

Can this behaviour be a damaged interface? If I only knew what it is. I love the software and I don't know a faster way to create a lightshow then Daslight. But I need it to work properly.
Benno

Post by Benno »

No problem, just sent you a DM with details of where to send the screenshots.
Benno
--
Product Support