Audio Analyzer dvc3

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

edwardj12

Audio Analyzer dvc3

Post by edwardj12 »

Have a question on setting up audio analyzer, dvc3 12/2013, have second laptop sending audio signal out to mic in on pc with dvc3 running, have bpm enabled, see beat signal in analyzer, have set bpm on button I want to be controlled, I bring up Virtual 3d, lights selected are lit but the is no indication that beat is being sent to light. Am I missing something or beat signal not available in Virtual 3D.

If that is the case then IMO that would be good feature to add, so you try different songs to help see what the beat effect will be able to be seen so you set up a show off site then, be able to tweaked it on location

Setup is win7dvc3 gold interface version 12-2013 software, have also tried with current Beta software and get same results.
Thanks
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

Have you checked you have 'BPM on step' assigned on the scene? It's best to check in the fixture window because there's sometimes a slight delay in the 3D simulator depending on the graphics card and CPU.
edwardj12

Post by edwardj12 »

i will check that, may also be graphic card related as I am using an older dell precision 650. dual processors, 4 gb ram and an agp video card, I think is 512 mb.

Thanks for the info I will let you know.
edwardj12

Post by edwardj12 »

also need a little clarifaction on what and where I find " Fixture Window", sorry for the stupdid question
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

This is actually called the group window. It's the area which shows your lighting fixtures. They light up depending on the color, dimmer, gobo etc.. so it's easy to see whether they're in time with the music or not.. More info here:
http://www.daslight.com/online_manuals/ ... dfPgY7.htm