Dimmer Channel Flashes To 255 When Activating Scenes

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

AoS Lighting

Dimmer Channel Flashes To 255 When Activating Scenes

Post by AoS Lighting »

Having an issue with dimmer faders.

It seems to only be on the dimmer channels that I have assigned to a midi fader or have a dimmer fader on the scene itself. For example, if I have my led bars dimmer channel set to a midi fader, and I have the fader at say 50% intensity, then when I activate other scenes, the dimmer channel of my led bars will flash to 255 (full intensity) quickly and then drop back down to 50%. But it doesn't seem to do it if I have the master dimmer at 50%, only if it is set to midi, or if I have a dimmer fader set on an individual scene.

I really need to get this figured out. I think I remember reading a post a while ago about this same issue, but I can't find it. So if a solution has already been discussed, could someone please link me to that thread? If not, any help is greatly appreciated.

5/27 Official release
DVC2 GZM
Windows 7

Thanks!
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts?
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

I have done some more troubleshooting with this problem, and it seems to be a midi issue, because I only get the "flash" when I'm triggering other scenes with my midi controllers. If I use the mouse and trigger the scenes on the computer screen, it doesn't flash. Thoughts?

I also noticed that every time I link a channel in live mode to a fader or button on my midi controller, then want to remove the midi link, say by clicking the channel back to "auto", "ltp", etc.. Then that channel is "on" in every scene now. I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. Is it a bug that when you remove a midi link that channel is now "on" in every scene? It is quite inconvenient, is there a fix for this?

This problem is a huge issue for me, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If it helps, I am using an APC 20 and a Novation Zero SL MkII for midi controllers.
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Any ideas? I could really use some help with this. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

I could really use some input on this. Simon? anyone?
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

It's pretty discouraging when a company offers no support for their product. I would love to get any kind of feedback or at least acknowledgment of this issue. Thoughts, ideas, advice, input of any kind would be appreciated.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, these forums are supposed to be for users to discuss as a community. If you don't get a reply quickly, then I'd recommend sending an e-mail.

As always, try with the latest beta. We've made a lot of MIDI improvements over the past few months. If you have the same problem, send me a sample show and I'll check it out.
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Thanks for the reply. I understand the forum is more for users, but I didn't see any contact info for tech support, and this is the only place I have known to seek answers. Is there a specific email I should use if I don't get answers through the forum?

I will try the new beta asap, but I have a tour coming up and I at least know the version I have is stable enough to get me through these shows, and I'd be a little nervous using a new version and risk finding new bugs on site. But again, I will try the newest beta asap and report back. Thanks
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Hi. I have tried the newest Beta and am still having the problem. Any other suggestions? This issue is becoming a serious problem for my shows, and I would really appreciate some assistance in resolving it. Thanks