DVC3 23rd January Bugs

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

Well, Daslight, i start to hate the software but, by reporting bugs, i hope it can be fixed soon...
First of all the setup doesn't work correct. When over-installing an older version of Daslight, the 3d doesn't start anymore, but after deinstalling the older and reinstalling, the 3d works again, great. But, my drivers are gone?? Another 15 minutes buzy with installing the drivers...
Bugs found till now:
Major in the 3D: the 3D will crash when opening the fixture patch window.
Major in Daslight: Fan fader crash.. Pretty irritating guys. Make a wonderfull setup for next week. Thinking: well, then i can use the Fan function very good! Yea, it crashes... So, i need it before next wednesday working! If your support is good you will fix it before then.
2 other bugs found till now, and i'm just started:
•If you make a change of the value of an RGB channel by double clicking the value above it, then it will show the previous value you give the channel, In live we have the same problem but not if you do it when the DMX state is set Off
•In live, LED Fixtures with RGB and dimmer, doesn’t show the colour in the fixture selection tab when there is a colour set, but it shows the dimmer icon…

Got some feature requests by the way but i post those in the feature request topic i've started a time a go...
Just 14 years old
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

When over-installing an older version of Daslight, the 3d doesn't start anymore,

Like with all software, we always recommend installing to a new folder or uninstalling the previous version

my drivers are gone

Did you have the interface connected when you installed the software? I can't reproduce this. I've tested on several computers (windows7 and win8) and DVC3 installs fine first time with the correct drivers.

Got it, we'll get it fixed in the next version. If you load or create a new file in the 3D before clicking the patch window, you don't get the crash.

Major in Daslight: Fan fader crash..

I can't reproduce this, I'll need more info:
-does happen with all shows/fixtures? Maybe you can send me your show
-does it happen every time?

If you make a change of the value of an RGB channel by double clicking the value above it, then it will show the previous value you give the channel

I see this, but only in the preview above the channel, the output is fine. Is this correct?

In live, LED Fixtures with RGB and dimmer, doesn’t show the colour in the fixture selection tab when there is a colour set, but it shows the dimmer icon…

It shows the last channel which was set
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

simonB wrote:
When over-installing an older version of Daslight, the 3d doesn't start anymore,

Like with all software, we always recommend installing to a new folder or uninstalling the previous version

Ok, but normally i dont had this problem, I always over-installed with the older versions...
my drivers are gone

Did you have the interface connected when you installed the software? I can't reproduce this. I've tested on several computers (windows7 and win8) and DVC3 installs fine first time with the correct drivers.

I think it was a problem in my pc then, running W7 32bit

Got it, we'll get it fixed in the next version. If you load or create a new file in the 3D before clicking the patch window, you don't get the crash.

For now i can add the fixtures with an older 3D version runned from the previous Beta.
EDIT: After testing we can add fixtures with the fixture patch when open the window with the button in the construction mode
EDIT: After adding fixtures in the way above, the button in the main screen works again...
Major in Daslight: Fan fader crash..

I can't reproduce this, I'll need more info:
-does happen with all shows/fixtures? Maybe you can send me your show
-does it happen every time?

I have tested it with old ssl's, not the new ssl2's. With SSL2's it works correctly.
If you make a change of the value of an RGB channel by double clicking the value above it, then it will show the previous value you give the channel

I see this, but only in the preview above the channel, the output is fine. Is this correct?

Yes, the output level is correct
In live, LED Fixtures with RGB and dimmer, doesn’t show the colour in the fixture selection tab when there is a colour set, but it shows the dimmer icon…

It shows the last channel which was set

I think it was because of my dimmer was set to 0, then it shows the dimmer icon beacause of there is no output if the dimmer is set to 0...

I'm gonna test a lot of functions of daslight to find bugs... Do some MIDI tests later today with a BCF2000
Just 14 years old
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

Some new bugs found today:
•Daslight Crashes when starting up when the scanlibrary editor is opened
•Daslight doesn’t see edited or new SSL files, which it did earlier
•In FX creator, when scrolling with the scoll-wheel of the mouse to control speed, number of colors, size, it gives an error: Encoutered an improper argument.
Just 14 years old
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

I can't re-produce your first 2 bugs. The 3rd I have reproduced.
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

I need to try to reproduce the first bug again then, i don't have daslight by hand at the moment, i will try it later

The second, this is what i did.
Start a new DVC3 show.
Insert fixtures. Oh, my fixture isn't in ssl2 file yet
Start the scanlibrary
Open the ssl file
Edit if neccessary
Save as SSL2 in the Daslight 3 Scanlibrary directionary
I want to insert it in Daslight, but it is not in the list,
i need to restart Daslight...
Just 14 years old
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I see. This is to save time when opening the patch dialog because we have over 10,000 profiles to read and it would be a pain to wait every time. You could use the import button to add it to the library instead of restarting the software
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

ERA Bugs found, tested with Ipad 4 and W7
- Buttons for scenes and effects: When Flash mode is off, the button on the Ipad does a flash, when flash is on, there is a toggle on the transfer but there is no DVC command send. Global functions are working normal, but i'm still missing BPM functions?
- The most of fader links to a channel aren't working, like some of my dimmers in my show when controlling to a family, may be i need to send over my show?
-Scene controls on the faders aren't working, also there isn't a name of the scene showd after Dimmer Scene: or Speed Scene... When controlling a group, then speed and dimmer, ... will work, but here isn't a feedback to ERA...
-Matrix patched fixtures aren't showd in the list...

BTW, Fader feedback is great!
Just 14 years old
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

Some MIDI Bugs:
-A CC to control a scene, the on-value is 0 and 1-127 is off
- You cannot set A midi in Editor or Live mode
- When changing the midi for a freeze or blackout or something, the previous MIDI setting is keeped, and the 2 are merged...
Just 14 years old
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Make sure you're using the latest EasyRemote build from 1st Feb, and the latest DVC3 from 26th Jan.

When Flash mode is off, the button on the Ipad does a flash

I can't see this bug

Global functions are working normal, but i'm still missing BPM functions?

Which functions would you like to see added to EasyRemote?

- The most of fader links to a channel aren't working, like some of my dimmers in my show when controlling to a family, may be i need to send over my show?

Send me a small version of your show and tell me which links are not good

-Scene controls on the faders aren't working

We're aware of this and it will be corrected in the next version

-Matrix patched fixtures aren't showd in the list...

I'll see if we can have this added

-A CC to control a scene, the on-value is 0 and 1-63 is off

For me, CC values 0-127 switch the scene off and values 64-127 switch the scene on.

- You cannot set A midi in Editor or Live mode

I'm not sure what you mean

- When changing the midi for a freeze or blackout or something, the previous MIDI setting is keeped, and the 2 are merged...

This is how it's supposed to work. MIDI links should be removed manually
Hotade

Post by Hotade »

Helllo Simon,

I have the problem with linking faders to a familie, too.
I have 3 universes, in each i have about 15 led bars.
Every universe have his own fixture ssl, but they the same just with different names saved.
Linking a fader to the fixture familie in universe 1 works great. Linking the other fixture families of universe 2 or 3 the faders wont work.

Maybe its because the universes or the selfmade ssl2?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

This has been fixed in todays release