Midi Control with Flash Scenes?

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Aralon

Midi Control with Flash Scenes?

Post by Aralon »

Hello,
i have some scenes programmed for flash mode and i will start this scenes with a midi controller in flash mode but flash mode dosen´t work. Whats wong?
The scenes starting not in flash, they start permanently.

Greets Volker

DVC 23. Oct 2012
DVC3 GZM
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

Flash mode is for keyboard shortcuts. For scenes to flash with a MIDI controller you need to set your midi controller to send a note on message when you press the button and a note off message when you release the button.
Aralon

Post by Aralon »

Hello Simon,

i cannot configure the midi-controller. It´s an miditech midistart-3 Master keybord, connectet via USB.

I need the Flash Mode for Fog-Machines, LED-Blinder Effects... It´s easyer to start this effects with an Midi Keyboard...

Greets Volker
Last edited by Aralon on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DVC3 GZM
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

if you can't configure your MIDI device then there is no way to do this
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Have you loaded the drivers for your midi device?
does the device appear in the computer system folder for connected devices.?
have you selected "midi in" from the tools menu? in DVC.

select a scene in editor screen, in the ribbon above the scenes tick the midi in box, now highlight the relevent scene box. press a key on the midi device and it should appear in the midi in box.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
marin-sound

flash scenes

Post by marin-sound »

Also is possible set your midi controler button as CC (not as note) and first value (when button is pressed) can U let on 127 and second value (when button is released) on 0. Than will your flash scene work corectly . Otherwise is there any possible way as had here SimonB said before.
For example Korg Nanopad 2,Novation Launchpad,Behringer BCF/BCR 2000,Akai APC 20/40 are made for advanced settings like this ..
Aralon

Post by Aralon »

Hello,

can u help me with the settings for Flash mode with Korg NanoPad 2?

I have programmed the pad as CC Mode but the Flash function dosen´t works. All functions are inverted. What make i Wrong?
DVC3 GZM
Aralon

Post by Aralon »

If it a DVC3 Bug, i can´t use this settings in DVC: 2*5*0 on Midi? It´s always 2*5*1 or higher again.
DVC3 GZM
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

If it a DVC3 Bug, i can´t use this settings in DVC: 2*5*0 on Midi? It´s always 2*5*1 or higher again.

No this isn't a bug. The minimum level of MIDI is 0. If you set 0 for this the scene is always on!

In the editor, be sure you have selected momentary and not toggle
Just 14 years old
Aralon

Post by Aralon »

nijst001 wrote:

No this isn't a bug. The minimum level of MIDI is 0. If you set 0 for this the scene is always on!

In the editor, be sure you have selected momentary and not toggle

I´ve testet with all settings.... the scene is off wenn i press the button and it´s on when i release it... it´s inverted... Some Keyboards are sending Midi CC 127 for on and 0 for off. and I need 2*5*0 as setting... then Works... :)
DVC3 GZM
siebenjoost

midi cc

Post by siebenjoost »

Above is mentioned (by Morin Sound) that Akai APC 20/40 is made for advanced settings, but how? In DVC3 or in another program? I understand that these are basics skills but I don't know where to start. Is there a tutorial about this?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I think that this is a mode you must set on the APC to use with other applications.