Feature Requests

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Do you want the FX-generator back in live mode?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 6

nijst001

Feature Requests

Post by nijst001 »

Hi! I was thinking to open a new topic were we can add our future requests.

I will start:
-A Lock function to lock the console if you leave your computer for a toilet break or something. Everything is locked except the DMX Output. If you move a fader on an BCF or something, nothing will hapen.
-Priority function. Give a scene a higher priority then other scenes. Like a Shutter chase must override the normal programmed dimmers etc.
-More Matrix effects.
-Scene LTP or HTP possibility, like a white flow on a LED Strip runs over a colour scene. white flow on HTP (Highest takes priority) and the white flow runs over the colour. Now we have only the option LTP, Last takes priority. There is HTP on a fader, this works with combinition of open fader ont HTP and a scene, but not with multiple scenes.
-Scene inversing: Normally from step 1 till the last step, with invert enabled from last step to step 1.
-Show the number of channels when patch a fixture with multiple mode's like: mode 1 (7 channels) mode 2 (3 channels)...
-Double click on Fan fader to reset

I Hope you can add these...
the-hubmaster

Post by the-hubmaster »

-Everywhere you can control something with MIDI you can also control it with the DMX-IN
-Effects can start multiple effects and scenes
-Copy effects
-Complete the translation
Last edited by the-hubmaster on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

And i keep going:
-Midi feedback
-The blind DMX out of the editor, beacause you always have a second with the scene output right now. If you can blind the editor mode before u go to the editor, it works at most fine.
-Keep the setting of BPM, so if I disable the BPM, and set it on again, the BPM settings from my scenes come back.
Right now if I do this I need to set the scenes always back to BPM on scene or step.
This will make live intervene much faster…
-BPM Tap reacts after second click. Now he go's to 0 if you tap the first time and you get a 'freeze'
-BPM Lowest tempo from 40 to 8, if you want to flash once in 4 beats, then 40 is to high for the BPM
-BPM setting tempo manualy with keyboard
-More Global functions in ERA: missing: BO, BPM enable and BPM Tap
-Fade in times on effects
Just 14 years old
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, some of your suggestions are already available in our more advanced Suite 2 software. We don't want DVC to become too complicated with advanced functions such as scene priorities, and we don't want to spend time developing these kind of functions for the 1% of Daslight customers who will use them. However we will consider adding some of your suggestions to future versions. For example MIDI feedback, lock, more matrix effects, more ERA support, workflow improvements etc....

Regarding the FX mode in live. The concept of Daslight is to program on the editor tab, not the live tab. The FX generator never worked properly in live and it was a mistake to include it, therefore it will not be implemented.
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

I completely understand you want to keep sunlite daslight's big brother. I have contacted sami for the function to keep bpm settings when disable/enable it. It will be in in the next version.
Just 14 years old
siebenjoost

Post by siebenjoost »

My request:
Flash mode via MIDI flashing not switching.
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

If you can you need to set your midi device to toggle of on the note signal, or use a CC parameter to link the scene
Just 14 years old
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Exactly, this is the job of the MIDI controller. If the controller doesn't send an off message on release its impossible for daslight to flash the scene.

Regarding the BPM settings, this was implemented a few weeks ago and will be included in the next build.
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

Feature requests after the 23-january official:
-Numbers of the places when indexing on the fixtures.
-Equal function on indexing
-I don't know if fan function works on the selected order when you have changed it?
Just 14 years old
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

-Numbers of the places when indexing on the fixtures.

Click the size icon twice and it will show you the index number

-Equal function on indexing

Do you mean to give fixes the same index number?

-I don't know if fan function works on the selected order when you have changed it?

Yes, it does
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

Yes, With equal i mean the same index number. If you want to create a pan fan and you have 2 moving heads above each other, like the dots in :
Then they will have a different value when fanning. Or can I do this with patching a matrix?
Just 14 years old
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

It's not possible to have the same index number. Advanced indexing such as duplicate index numbers, virtual index and the possibility to save index groups are available in the Sunlite Suite 2 software.