Problems with Scanlibrary editor

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nobby99

Post by nobby99 »

Hi,
I have encountered a couple of problems with the new scanlibrary editor for ssl2 in DVC3. By the way, everything works perfect with the very old editor and conversion to ssl2 with the current editor.
1. Even when executed as administrator, work cannot be saved on drive C in the DVC3 folder (" no permission..."). There is no "save as". This means using a different drive and then copy everything to the DasLight folder
2. When problem #1 is overcome next usual message is "cannot be saved, Light beams count does not match with the channels". This to me sounds totally rediculous, since an existing fixture was modified. I cannot find any controls or help for changing the number of "channels" (I have 12 on a 4 LED lamps bar (CLS), but the software insists on 6), and its relationship with beam counts is not clear.
3. Once I am there I close the editor and start the patching. After "OK" DVC3 crashes. Sometimes it does not crash, but stops anyway with "encountering a sharing violation..."
4. Generally the preselection of fixture groups is far to small.

Is there any help?

Regards, Nobby99
nobby99

Post by nobby99 »

I also sent my ssl2 files to the DasLight Support and received new ones this afternoon. Initially they did not quite work with my version of March, the crash came a few seconds later than before. However, it works with the DVC3 version of late April. Hopefully there will be a manual in the not too distant furure.

Nobby99