Unable to control certain lights

Previous Daslight version. Can manage up to 6 DMX universes depending on the hardware connected

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Cooper

Unable to control certain lights

Post by Cooper »

I work for a sound and lighting company and a customer has recently bought the DVC2 512. He's very new to this kind of thing, so has been going slowly when it comes to setting up lights using it, and has been asking for help. With my help, he set up a laser and a couple of other lights with no problem. Later he brought in a whole bunch of lights to try to set up, and we couldn't get any of them to respond to the programme at all.

The lights are: NJD Datamoon, Robe Fusion & Funky, and a Rolltech 150. We could set them up on the programme with few problems (although the library for the Datamoon only assigns it 2 channels, so we set up a generic 4-channel patch). The lights were on the correct DMX addresses, but didn't respond to the programme at all. The lights respond to other DMX controllers, and when I connected up an LED batten set to the channels that the lights hadn't been responding on, the batten responded fine.

Now I'm stumped, and am looking for help. Any help gratefully received.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

Make a scene which should work. Open the virtual 3D simulator, and open the DMX levels window. Check the levels here, then set the same levels on your other controller. Does it work?

If no, the problem is a programming error in DVC2.

If yes, close DVC2, open tools.exe which can be found in the Daslight directory and windows start menu. Go to the test tab and set the levels here. Does it work?

If yes, it is a software problem.
If no, it may be a hardware problem.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

I'll try that when he next comes in. Thanks.