Building Stages and other things

Real-time 3D simulation

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

StageManager

Building Stages and other things

Post by StageManager »

Hi Guys -

I'm completely new to daslight, and I'm having a lot of trouble building a new stage and other objects! I really do not know what I'm doing wrong... I know that I must use the 3D Simulator (which I am) but my objects never get inserted into my scene. I appreciate any help possible!!!

Thanks a lot

StageManager
Andre

Post by Andre »

OK,

Open Virtual 3D Simulator, best to open from within DVC2 as that will then also load the fixtures you have patched.
If you get a message that says patch has changed then answer "Yes" and DO NOT tick the box "Do not ask this question again...".

Ensure you are in "User mode". This option is on the "Standard toolbar" tab.
You can now click the "3D" button in the top left and either select "New" or "Open..."

Click the "Construction mode" again on the "Standard toolbar" tab.
Maximise the screen and move the cross in the middle to get the best views possible, most probably best to make the 3D view the biggest.
Now to the left of the 3D view you will see a panel called "Settings...". Along teh top of that you will see 3 icons. The 2nd one allows you to add objects that have already been created.
Click the icon, select the satge.x file (I think it is a standard included one). Or any other file. then click the "Select" button.
The object you selected should now appear in the centr of the "Stage" area and now you can manipulate it using the "Location" tab in the "Settings..." panel.
When done, click "User mode" and save your work.

Hope that helps,
Andre