Hidden Scenes

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

RK9837
Operating System: Mac OS X

Hidden Scenes

Post by RK9837 »

Hi there,

Ive made two scenes hidden on Daslight which, most of the time after toggling visibility, become hidden (Sometimes pressing the toggle does nothing). However, when restarting Daslight, the hidden scene appears on top of the group controls, as shown in the attached image.

Hidden Scenes.png
Hidden Scenes.png (84.51 KiB) Viewed 3665 times

Also, can you confirm that keyboard shortcuts will remain active/usable for hidden scenes in future versions? I have created 10 - 15 'helper' scenes that release different groups when keyboard shortcuts are pressed.

For example, when I start manually strobing (using one of five different keyboard shortcuts), I want 2/3 other groups to be released but not any other groups. The way I have achieved this in the current version (1st Aug) is to create a scene in each of the groups which is linked to the same shortcut as the manual strobe. This is very dependent on whats in each group, so I can't using the General release feature. If theres a better way to do this that I've overlooked then please let me know. My other idea was to make the strobe scenes Jump to a predefined set of scenes, however this isn't very dynamic.

Im expecting this is a fairly advanced/not intended use case, but wondering if this will continue to work in future releases and whether the visibility in live option should also have an outright disable option alongside it and therefore having the following two options

Visible - Can be activated in Live mode by any of the triggers but not seen on the Live page
Disabled - Cannot be activated in Live mode and cannot be seen on the Live page

Hope that makes sense,
Thanks!
Benno

Re: Hidden Scenes

Post by Benno »

Hi RK9837,

Ive made two scenes hidden on Daslight which, most of the time after toggling visibility, become hidden (Sometimes pressing the toggle does nothing). However, when restarting Daslight, the hidden scene appears on top of the group controls, as shown in the attached image.
This has been fixed in the latest Beta. If you haven't already please download and instal the 11.10 Beta. http://www.daslight.com/download.htm

Also, can you confirm that keyboard shortcuts will remain active/usable for hidden scenes in future versions? I have created 10 - 15 'helper' scenes that release different groups when keyboard shortcuts are pressed.
All shortcuts will remain active even if the Scene is hidden in Live mode

Visible - Can be activated in Live mode by any of the triggers but not seen on the Live page
Disabled - Cannot be activated in Live mode and cannot be seen on the Live page
Thanks for the suggestion, I will add this to the future ideas list to be considered for the future.

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support