colors setting

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

domo

colors setting

Post by domo »

Help please!

Is there anyway to calibrate color channel, so that the value on the slider represents the actual color that is on the moving head!

And is it able to see the change in the 3D simulator?

Thanks in advance!!! :D
Andre

Post by Andre »

Are you talking about dicrhronic filter colours or RGB/CMY mixing.

If you are talking about filters then just pick one that is as close as you can get, if you are talking about RGB/CMY mixing then most probably not as even they use dichronic filters and when you use a temperature filter as well it will alter it even more.

You will find this with the majority of hardware and/or software systems even ones that cost £1000s.

The simulator is just that a simulator, and for the money that Daslight costs I think it does a very good job. If you want photorealistic then you need to look towards hi-end lighting systems and get something like WYSIWYG from Cast and that will set you back $5000 dollars for the perform version.
Andre
domo

Post by domo »

No, I am actually working with PAR 64 moving heads, that have a roll of plastic color filters in front of the lamp, so when you change the value on the slider, the filters rotate and the color changes!
Whole role has about 10 colors, and I was wondering if there is an way to calibrate the color slider, so that the value (for example, on the scale from 0-255, 0-25 is red color, 25-50 is blue color and etc.) represents the actual color that is in front of the lamp!

For example, on the scale from 0-255, 0-25 is red color, 25-50 is blue color and etc.
SEAMUS

Post by SEAMUS »

Hi Domo,
What you are using is a Scroller, I think it might be a Stairville with 10 colours, If you let me know the make and model I may have a File for it, or you could build one using Scanlibrary.
Regards Seamus
domo

Post by domo »

Hi Seamus!
Thank you in advance!
It is not a Stairville, my boss bought a dozen of those moving heads online.
They were cheap, and looked interesting!
The brand is Apollo, and they work fine, and respond to daslight without a problem!
But I am new to Daslight controller, so I dont know a lot of the stuff about it!
So if you can help, I will be very gratefull!

Regards, Domo!!!
Andre

Post by Andre »

domo wrote:No, I am actually working with PAR 64 moving heads, that have a roll of plastic color filters in front of the lamp, so when you change the value on the slider, the filters rotate and the color changes!
Whole role has about 10 colors, and I was wondering if there is an way to calibrate the color slider, so that the value (for example, on the scale from 0-255, 0-25 is red color, 25-50 is blue color and etc.) represents the actual color that is in front of the lamp!

For example, on the scale from 0-255, 0-25 is red color, 25-50 is blue color and etc.

Ahh, I see, OK if you have a manual the setting up a fixture for this with Scanlibrary editor would be really easy.
If you do not have a manual then it will just take a little bit longer as you need to work out the DMX values.
Just create an "Other" type of fixture and find the PAR64 in the list.
Change the number of channels to 1, change you beam angle if you know what it is, only need to make the 3D Simulator look better.
Change the channel to Type of "Colour". Click the big "?"
Click the "New" button at the end of the channel description.
Select the colour you want in the "Icon" part.
Set the DMX levels.
Click the "Show the Dimmer fader".
Repeat for all colours/DMX range.
Remember to make one value the "Default preset"

I do not know if this fixture uses indexed values or not. i.e. if you select any value from 0-25 it will select only red or it will show split colours. You will have to see and work out the best value for the "Default DMX level".
Andre
domo

Post by domo »

Once again, Andre to the rescue!!! :D
I just did as you said, and it works just fine!
Although, i just made the correction on the color channel, didnt change the number of channels or anything else!
Thank you very much Andre, I read today a post that said:
"What would Daslight forum be without Andre?"
,and although I am a noobie to the forum, I see why that was written!!!
Once again, thank you very much!!!

Regards, Domo!!!
Andre

Post by Andre »

You are most welcome.
Andre