Pixel and Matrix effect with sound.

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

metronome
Operating System: Mac OS X

Pixel and Matrix effect with sound.

Post by metronome »

Hello,

I'm interested by using the effect like level meter or bar graph but when I try to generate them and I use it in scene nothing happened. There is something I do wrong ? Or it is a bug ?

It would be nice to have other effects also affected by sound. As a spectrum but which is round for example.

Thanks
TomHat

Re: Pixel and Matrix effect with sound.

Post by TomHat »

Hey Metronome,

Level meter and Bar graph are "live effects". You need to keep them showing in the effect generator to keep them running. You cannot generate them into a scene just like you'd do with other effect since we do not save the audio data that triggers them, but only display them live.

We're planning on allowing the generation of these effects in future versions, though. Then you'll probably be able to record audio and generate an effect out of it.

Hope this helps.
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
affien70
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by affien70 »

Any news about saving "live effects" into scenes?
I'm playing in a band and allso setup the lights so the need for automation of cool effects is very high, since I'm not able to do light stuff while playing :-)

I have allso noticed that if you save a "live effect" the effect square have moved outside the fixtures when you open the effect from file again.

Affien
Ody2010

Post by Ody2010 »

I also would highly appreciate if you could save Live Effects into Scenes.

For Example "Level Meter" Saved in a Scene means when u activate the Scene Level Meter will work as Long there is Sound on the input and if there is no sound on the input then its just a "dead scene". But the function would be of course fantastic to have flexible parameters in a created Scene.