Multiple Scene Trigger Functionality

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

waynehaffenden

Multiple Scene Trigger Functionality

Post by waynehaffenden »

It would be really useful to have a multiple scene trigger button of some kind that it's sole purpose is to trigger a number of scenes on AND off and could also work as a flash button with Midi support. That way I can create all my scenes for movements, colours, gobos etc individually and use a "multiple scene trigger" button to layer these together so for example a button called "Red Circle Movement" that would trigger scenes "Red + Circle Movement + Shutter Chase" and would trigger these multiple scenes on when pressed and off when depressed but also supporting flash style buttons (Letting go of the button would turn off the chosen scenes off). It should also support that if the underlying scenes change (movement is changed for venue) that the multiple scene trigger button would still just trigger the scenes.

I know this can be achieved at the moment using TomHat's suggestion in this other post: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2353&p=8274, however, this is just a hack currently. This functionality differs from that of the other topic discussion as this would be done during programming NOT during the live performance. This functionality is the same as the "macro button" from ShowXpress.
Benno

Re: Multiple Scene Trigger Functionality

Post by Benno »

Thanks for the suggestion, this is a nice idea and I have added it to the future features list.

At present is possible to trigger several scenes at once using the same keyboard shortcut or midi command. We are also planning to implement multiple-command Show controls into the Show Mode which will be available in a future build.
Benno
--
Product Support
waynehaffenden

Re: Multiple Scene Trigger Functionality

Post by waynehaffenden »

Sounds awesome, looking forward to seeing this in a future version.